Dustin martin quits richmond

Not sure if should be here or other football discussion

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-16/martin-quits-tigers

MIDFIELDER Dustin Martin has quit Richmond.

His management told the club on Monday that he wanted to pursue other opportunities.

"Given the considerable effort we have put into Dustin's development both on and off the field, and our efforts to retain him all season, we are extremely disappointed with this decision," Richmond general manager of football Dan Richardson said.

"We are proud of the way Dustin has developed as a footballer, and as a person, in his time at Richmond, and we have been steadfast in our view that he is a required player who has an exciting football career ahead of him.

"However, we understand the business of football, and Dustin's right to pursue other opportunities.

"We have also stated previously that we are determined to adhere to our payment strategy for all of our players, many of whom have already committed to the club and its future direction during the 2013 season."

Confirmed:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-09-16/martin-to-pursue-other-offers

This is also in the Rumour mill thread so up to you Mods if you want to keep the discussion on Martin seperate.

Wow. Imagine if we wanted to get rid of someone like Crameri to chuck that cash plus whatever else we have at Martin!

Now that I could live with!

I hope we throw everything to get him but with limited picks I doubt it’ll be happen. Have a feeling Collingwood will pounce especially if Thomas leaves.

Maybe he has heard of the drug dungeon and wants over to us?

Wow. Imagine if we wanted to get rid of someone like Crameri to chuck that cash plus whatever else we have at Martin!
Now that I could live with!

I thought you wanted to play hardball with Crameri???

JK, dude.  :P

Is he a free agent or trade?

Trade or PSD, not a FA or Restricted FA

Imagine Wilson if he came to us...

EDIT:  Blitz changes C.aro to Wilson?

Not a free agent since he hasn't been on a senior club list for 7 years I believe? Someone correct me if I am wrong.

He’s a fool. Don’t even consider it efc.

He's a fool. Don't even consider it efc.

We don't have anything to trade for him anyway.

Yes! Please throw everything to get him lol.

Richmond is weakened too on paper.

WSNPHU

If Hawthorn lose Buddy I can see them chucking a fistful of dollars at DM.

Oh, wonder how Caro will be feeling about this?

GWS looking to give up pick one aren’t they?

Could offer him the money he wants and be in a great position to get a deal done.

I only want him if we also get Dayle Garlett.

Time to get in trouble for all the right reasons.

GWS looking to give up pick one aren't they?
Could offer him the money he wants and be in a great position to get a deal done.

plenty of dealing for him in Sydney as well.....alledgedly