Dustin martin quits richmond

I reckon the Tigers have played it well here.

They came out this morning and said "Martin has walked".

They could have tried to keep it quiet or play out the negotaitions in public (like Crameri's). Instead they put it out for public debate and public executioner and as a result he has been hammered.

Dustin battered and bruised has now retreated and I reckon the tigers are a shot at retaining him.

Seems like they have been going to the AFL Vladvladistan school of negotiation then.

I hope we throw everything to get him but with limited picks I doubt it'll be happen. Have a feeling Collingwood will pounce especially if Thomas leaves.

Doesn't matter what we throw at him, we simply aren't in line, too many other clubs would be standing in front of us. l get the distinct impression that he already has a new club in mind, l just don't know who they are. Hence why he wants out. 

Please don't pick him up. Please don't pick him up. Please don't pick him up.

Martin leaving becomes an even bigger problem if Conca leaves - no word from the Tigers means they are no closer to signing him.

Martin leaves is it - Cash for Conca? a Captain for Carlton? A new Crim for Collingwood? Cocaine in Cabramatta or just Cathartic for Cotchin?
Or Bandidos in Sombreros at Essendon?
Was hoping for some more Alliteration (Cartels of Cancun?) but this is very direct.
Oaxaca Wankers?

Robbo reckons Martin wants $550, if crameri is getting $450, offload someone and spend the $550 on Martin.

Even if we wanted him (and based on his off-field exploits, we definitely do not want him) he has no leverage to choose where he goes unless its via the PSD. 

Once in the PSD it is basically just a bidding war and the first club that has the money to meet the terms wins. 

That club will not be us.

As much chance as crameri picking bulldogs.
I know it won't happen just stating anyone can name anyone to go anywhere at this stage.
Martin knows sphere he is going, no one knocks back that contract unless they have made the call.

He will stay at ninthmond.

Will have to watch FC, just this once.

No doubt they will be sympathetic to Martin AND the club.

Bet it’s the dodgy manager leading him up the garden path responsible for this. Who does he think he is trying to get more money for his client?!

If he quits he no longer is a richmond person so why trade...is it not the same as when Ball left Stkilda and McPhee left us...they walked into the draft

Except McPhee the scumbag did it after list lodgement.

How can this be? If you lock your list in and lodge, shouldn't he have been contracted?

Yeah that doesn't sound right anymore. Whatever he did it was scumbag-like. Held off signing until the very last minute so we never sought any trades or anything like that and then decided not to sign.

and then before he retired he signed a one(??) year deal with Freo. And then retired.

There's multiple list lodgements every year - not all of them are before trade week.  We assumed he was going to sign on, so didn't look around for a trade for him.  Then he decided to leave after trade week.  He simply refused to sign with us, walked into the draft, and got picked up by Freo.  We simply had no alternative to replacing him with pick 1 zillion in the draft, buggered if I can remember who it turned out to be.

It was Hardingham in the PSD. But our last used pick was Long in the main draft - who knows if we'd have taken someone other than Hardingham in the 45+ draft range.

Oh man... imagine if he did come to us.

Caroline Wilson would have such a meltdown.

1 Like

Oh man... imagine if he did come to us.

Caroline Wilson would have such a meltdown.

WILSON: BOMBERS FAIL TO DO BACKGROUND CHECK WITH PAST EMPLOYER
1 Like

If he quits he no longer is a richmond person so why trade...is it not the same as when Ball left Stkilda and McPhee left us...they walked into the draft

Except McPhee the scumbag did it after list lodgement.

How can this be? If you lock your list in and lodge, shouldn't he have been contracted?

Yeah that doesn't sound right anymore. Whatever he did it was scumbag-like. Held off signing until the very last minute so we never sought any trades or anything like that and then decided not to sign.

and then before he retired he signed a one(??) year deal with Freo. And then retired.

There's multiple list lodgements every year - not all of them are before trade week.  We assumed he was going to sign on, so didn't look around for a trade for him.  Then he decided to leave after trade week.  He simply refused to sign with us, walked into the draft, and got picked up by Freo.  We simply had no alternative to replacing him with pick 1 zillion in the draft, buggered if I can remember who it turned out to be.

It was Hardingham in the PSD. But our last used pick was Long in the main draft - who knows if we'd have taken someone other than Hardingham in the 45+ draft range.

I will go there... (also without checking my notes) Christensen was available, I wished we picked him up instead of Long. (at the time) I would have taken him (Christensen) instead of Carlisle (so that means pick 24), I also wanted Bastinac who went about then too.  I think we took Long in the early 30's.  I think we took Carlisle at 24.  In hindsight that was the right call.

How did Caro react?

I'd love to hire Caro to a position at Essendon. Say Football Operations Manager, then we'd see if she really hated the club.

Headline: "EFC management in absolute disarray" 

Nek Minit

Caro on FC: I'd like an apology from the FOM at EFC, o wait thats me.

Martin will demand a top 5 pick if he leaves Richmond. A high reward/risk startegy by any club. Martin can be an elite player if he gets the off-field right.

How did Wilson react?

Very tame. Said the club should move on, they listed his last few incidents and the fact people have been told to stay clear of him.
I reckon there's a lot more that they know. They implied Richmond were always speaking to the media to ask them to not write stories about his "health" and a short list of other things, think they said he was "fragile"
He's a big risk, this will probably end in tears for someone

Martin will demand a top 5 pick if he leaves Richmond. A high reward/risk startegy by any club. Martin can be an elite player if he gets the off-field right.

hence why Melbourne are in the box seat with pick #2

hence why Melbourne are in the box seat with pick #2

If Melbourne give up pick 2 for Martin they are crazy. Got the talent not the attitude and not enough strong leadership at the club.

Didn't watch FC last night but people who think Caro would be upset haven't been playing along. She'll move the goalposts 'Excellent decision by Richmond to rid themselves of this type of player' etc.

She already has moved them lol

The fact this guy needs a full time minder says a fair bit about him, especially as now he is fielding other offers.

Why does he need a minder for? Is he mentally disabled? Or just a ■■■■■■■ idiot? To then throw that back in Richmonds face speaks volumes about this scumbag.