“Easy” win versus the Gold Coast Sins - discuss

Yeah but,

If we had Zaka, Raz, Stringer and Joe we would have kicked 100 points more.

7 Likes

Did what they needed to do.
Unfortunately we’ll miss the eight - we all new that Carlton loss would come back to haunt us.
Hopefully we make the most of the year give Francis a ■■■■■■■ run.

Really liked Guelfi’s game.
Zerrett and Hepp were good.
Saad kept on presenting.
Tippa did some nice things.

Goddard and McNeice were amusingly bad.

We were lucky they couldn’t kick straight early and their key back was lame after half time.

Fwiw, which isn’t much, I reckon that’s the most bored I’ve ever been watching an Essendon game.

But we won, so yay for that.

14 Likes

Brown would have been near best on ground if we kicked to him correctly! He didn’t give up - kept going and finished well. Dea was always composed and read the play well. Smith great as usual, as was Hepp and Zerrett.
McNiece looked out of place as did Colyer. Myers should have been rested. Goddard getting caught out by pacy opponents. Our forward line needed Stringer - a shame Lav wasn’t available as he would have made a good third forward tonight.
A win is a win. Go Dons

4 Likes

Very average game. Gee gold coast are terrible. We are looking predictable, we need a few different ways of winning and moving the ball.

That was hard to watch. But we were still a class above them and came away with the win easily despite missing most of our forward line. A bit of a missed opportunity regarding percentage but it would be pretty silly to be upset with this result, really.

10 Likes

You may be forgetting my boy Guelf.

How McNiece was picked ahead of Dea last week has got me tossed.

7 Likes

What a predictable comment.

4 Likes

I take little joy from that win. Our decision-making and skill level were sh1thouse. Gold Coast were worse - yay.

Dea :ballot_box_with_check:
Hurls 2nd half :ballot_box_with_check: :ballot_box_with_check:
Hooksy :ballot_box_with_check:

Mcniece :x:

Lots of others inbetween. Heppell was awesome. Dev likewise. Langers seemed to take a while to warm up but when he did…mother of god! Mitch Brown I’m really loving even though he didn’t always get his hands on it.

1 Like

This makes no sense. We didn’t play another team we played the Suns and we won.

8 Likes

Hard game to get up for mentally.

Looked at the scores for the first half and watched the second.

It’s our biggest win for the season so that’s a plus. Should have won by 70 so that’s a minus.

We miss Daniher and Raz.

No more analysis from that game needed. Let’s slowly roast Fremantle.

3 Likes

When was the last time we won games in every state.

17 Likes

Nice use of symbols, makes it easy to read :+1:

2 Likes

Forgettable evening overall, had the makings of a ‘best of Essington’ album first half. Our skills were diabolical early and when we tidied it up we continued to hit the last kick long to May. Mystifying. It seems like every game we play at Metricon is on continuos loop.

I’m reallly enjoying the Langford journey, Heppel was immense, Guelfi is a player.

1 Like

We haven’t won in Adelaide yet

A decent team wins that game by over 100.

We won by 40. So whatever, we won I spose.

2 Likes

Have we ever? We get our chance against Port.

This team is missing Gleeson so badly. We are a much, much (repeat ad infinitum) team when we have someone intercept marking across half-back.

2 Likes