EFC delistings

Kyle Hardingham, Leroy Jetta, Sean Gregory and Johnny Rayner have been delisted today.

All the best to all of them.

Suprised by Rayner

What? I thought Johnny Rayner showed some really good signs in the VFL

Essentially that’s 3 spots gone from the senior list. With Judas gone too, makes it four.

In: Gwilt, Giles, Cooney, Ambrose 17 and 20

Need to delist another two.

Essentially that's 3 spots gone from the senior list. With Judas gone too, makes it four.

Will Ambrose be promoted? If he is then yes you're correct.

If he isn't then it becomes one more delisting.

Wasn't Rayner rookie List B? That's only 3 players delisted from main list so we will need to delist 2 more or not promotoe Ambrose and just delist one more

Essentially that's 3 spots gone from the senior list. With Judas gone too, makes it four.

Jetta - 5

He will be. It’s already been confirmed.

I think Hird and the Club have already said Ambrose will be promoted. But of course things change.

Jetta - 5
Nope, still 4.
Rayner was on B rookie list.

well van unen would be the obvious one.

Kyle Hardingham, Leroy Jetta, Sean Gregory and Johnny Rayner have been delisted today.
All the best to all of them.

Kyle Hardingham: Surprisingly he became a reliable shot at goal though this was at the expense of going missing and earnin the sub vest in a few of his last chances. Has been usurped by Ambrose and with good reason. I'm not sure how keen he was to play on but I guess this is a sign that the club is willing to turn over players they can't see improving.

Leroy Jetta: Well done Leroy on a good career at the Bombers, you didn't go unnoticed and will be remembered for a long time.

Sean Gregory: Basically the opposite of what I said about Jetta.

Rayner: This was a long shot but Im surprised they (or he) gave up so quickly. Probably doesn't hurt to have someone in the squad who can set standards at training and look at things with fresh eyes, I wonder if they consider it a good experiment... Could be that he wants t earn more coin than whatever a rookie gets... what would he have been on, 60k? Having done a year with the Bombers plus his athletics background he can probably get paid more than that as a coach somewhere.

My best guess is that Winders will drop down to the Rookie List. This is the reason his retirement backflip is yet to be announced.

Jetta. End of an era

Is Pears in the gun?

Who else?

Has Winderlich confirmed he is playing on in 2015? Not confirmed according to the contracts thread. Van Unen looks vulnerable.

Isn't Raynor studying something heavy on time? Maybe he's redirected his own goals?

My best guess is that Winders will drop down to the Rookie List. This is the reason his retirement backflip is yet to be announced.

I don't think you CAN just 'drop down to the rookie list', can you?  Pretty sure you have to be delisted, nominate for the draft, and then the club can hope you make it through to their rookie pick.

Since there is pretty clear interest from Richmond in getting him onto their main list, I don't believe he'd make it through and I don't think this'll ever happen.

Is Pears in the gun?
Who else?

Doesn't he have a year to run on his contract?
I reckon DVU is gone. Everyone else is contracted I think. Maybe someone like Kav will get delisted and picked up by someone on a new contract.

I don't think you CAN just 'drop down to the rookie list', can you?  Pretty sure you have to be delisted, nominate for the draft, and then the club can hope you make it through to their rookie pick.

Since there is pretty clear interest from Richmond in getting him onto their main list, I don't believe he'd make it through and I don't think this'll ever happen.
It is only a guess. As we have seen the last couple of weeks, if players want to be at a club they get there. You are correct in that he has to be delisted and redrafted, which is what Carltank did with Heath Scotland.
I have taken this view as we need to drop another player from the list and why else has there been no official announcement. If he stays retired no other club will pick him up - assuming this is breaking any draft tampering rules.