EFC HPC progress

Here's the July 25 update!

And since we now have nothing to compare it to, the previous one (21 June) too:

Hmm, how do you edit the thread title? Stupid auto-correct killing the capitalisation!

Approximately, where does the drug dungeon sit?

I've updated the setting that turned all caps into lowercase, it's not smart enough to differentiate acronyms.

Approximately, where does the drug dungeon sit?

Presumably under the big building — see all the empty barrels behind it?

How does the groundkeep get that checker board finish?

How does the groundkeep get that checker board finish?

Grass is mown in different directions. Up one way then back the next etc etc.

Does anyone know what's happening with the Etihad sized oval?

Does anyone know what's happening with the Etihad sized oval?

I assume they're just keeping it in line with the real thing.

In other HPC news around the league, The Lions taking the monorail down Springfield way. 

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/8/the-brisbane-lions-move-to-springfield/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fdEZoF9kI

New video update on our HPC, taken August 14 - basically says the inside will be done in about 4 weeks (nearly due) then the outside cicvic works commence I think need another 4 weeks.  Also seemed to mention that the AFL had to certify the centre - or did I mishear?

Here's the link:  http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2013-09-05/btv-high-performance-centre-update

Wow that is pretty damn impressive! Hopefully once he dust settles re all the other crap that this is something that attracts players to the club as well as help in retaining them.

Wow that is pretty damn impressive! Hopefully once he dust settles re all the other crap that this is something that attracts players to the club as well as help in retaining them.

Every club has already state of the art facilities or are getting them. Freo's proposed new training centre will cost $114 million.
Training facilities are like PC's , state of the art for about 6 months. I doubt ours will be much of a deal breaker for any prospective free agents.

It won't be a deal breaker, but if we hadn't built it and only had our crap facilities at Windy Hill then we would have been no hope of attracting anyone to the club.

I would have thought that our ■■■■ facilities would have prevented out from having any seriou hope of attracting the likes of Chris Judd and Shaun Burgoyne.

It won't be a deal breaker, but if we hadn't built it and only had our crap facilities at Windy Hill then we would have been no hope of attracting anyone to the club.

I would have thought that our **** facilities would have prevented out from having any seriou hope of attracting the likes of Chris Judd and Shaun Burgoyne.

Yes but without the added attention given to the performance side of things we may not have hired Robinson and Dank.

We have learnt our lesson.  I saw no evidence of fridges anywhere.

Look again. On the large building without the stripes on top you can clearly see some white/silver boxes. They aren't fridges. They are industrial compressors for cool rooms. Have we learned nothing???

You didn't notice the huge cord runing out the back of the place? Nor all the super duper seals on all the doors and windows? The whole place is one giant fridge!

You didn't notice the huge cord runing out the back of the place? Nor all the super duper seals on all the doors and windows? The whole place is one giant fridge!

But, I heard its ok to have a fridge as long as the office is clean?

Have we done proper background checks on all the tradies?

As long as its locked fridges are fine.