EFC the dysfunctional club struggling to find its identity

Not just on here. We’ve had players play over 100 games who would barely get a look in at clubs in the top 4 or 6

3 Likes

He was talking about Carlisle

1 Like

Dodoro and our lack of following trends in the game ie; tactics,game plans that are proven successful (forward half pressure) are holding us back.

Nino’s back!

3 Likes

We’re a different side with Smith and/or JoeDan back

The offfield stupidity this year by the EFC has been baffling though

Leadership group selection, b&f, weird senior player selections

Every team basically plays with some forward half game expect for Essendon.

All our scoring starts from the back half which is not sustainable glad Rutten identified this when he was announced as Worsfolds successor said scoring from the back half is good to have but it shouldn’t be relied on.

I don’t think you can call us dysfunctional, that term should be used for a club like Gold Coast.

We don’t seem to function anywhere near where we should be “on field” , off field we seem to be going very strong- lots of members, sponsorships etc . I wouldn’t call us dysfunctional but i would hardly call us competent in a lot of football department areas either

I agree 100% about we are struggling to find our identity as a club and as a side.

2 Likes

I see us a bit like Richmond when they were crap

…or Carlton when they had rich carnts like Elliot trying to buy premierships with players and ‘past it’ coaches based on false expectations of where the list was really at (e.g. Casey / Shiel / Woosh)

I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet want to see how we go under Rutten/Caracella before i think the list needs a rebuild.

Cornes may have a point about the 2019 leadership group.

12 Likes

Don’t think Richmond even have a leadership group they have Cotchin as captain and everyone else follows I think leadership groups are becoming a thing of the past imo.

Good point. Plus no point in a “leadership group” when half of them can’t get a game and retire, or want to bugger off to another club.

4 Likes

Everyone will be on the same page if there is no leadership group imo Hep captain and Smith as VC and that’s it.

The rest of the playing group are leaders in their own right if they cant contribute to the team then their spot in the team will be in jeopardy

1 Like

Its all pointing to captain, vice captain only. No other leadership spots to get noses out of joint about. Avoids issues about hooker, hurls, daniher and Fanta.

2 Likes

Why do you fucken fuckholes keep shoving a rusty fork down your cockhole and complaining it hurts??

These people are trolls, they’re trolling you, that’s all they have to offer. Stop giving them what they want.

6 Likes

As I said in my previous post I think leadership groups are becoming a thing of the past if you have a strong captain then there is no need for one imo

Cotxhin, Reiwoldt & Rance.

Which it has been for 2-3 years

Of course when we went to trim it from 7 to 5, it was a terrible terrible thing.

Heppel ©
Smith (VC)
Hooker
Hurley
Shiel

That’s it.

2 Likes