EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

I think it’s fair point that our injuries to our best 22 are fringe type guys. If it were Daniher, tbell and Merrett missing, that would cripple us

But are we really losing that much from

Ambrose
Myers
Gleeson

To

Langford
Hartley/Brown
Dea?

Probably not. Raz hurts, by far the most. Gleeson does, a bit too. But the others are much of a muchness. I think the thing that gets stuck in my head, and probably others is the fact that it’s the crows. They have strengthened with Gibbs but when you look at their other omissions from last season - lever, Cameron, smith, walker, crouch - they are five best 18 players. Their bringing in guys like Doedee and Fogarty for their first games, and playing plodders like cam Ellis Holman, Atkins, Seedsman etc. they are a far, far different side

I think I just talked myself into it. We can win

7 Likes

Plus some sort of processed meat, some guy named Adam and a loose package.

2 Likes

I forgot about Gleeson. He combined with Ram will probably hurt a bit.

yep. pretty much.

It was mentioned in the sports science thread that it’s the players from 1-15 on your list that are most critical and we’re still pretty well intact in that context, in fact we’ve even strengthened with the addition of Stringer and Smith. Where as Adelaide are probably 4 down.

2 Likes

Oops

Forgot Jobe as the other out

Doedee probably gets the Job on Stewart, I’d try use Stew as much as possible, He can really get on top of the kid.

Need to have our fair share through the middle and we are right in it.

2 Likes

Maybe Myers out could be a blessing in disguise? Will allow us to bring in a quicker player/more tackling pressure?

I think wolfsfold should do a sheedy and bring in a surprise selection

IN: JACKSON MERRET

3 Likes

Yep. Considering Doedee only 188cm and Stewart is 198cm IIRC should be getting a mismatch there with him.

And he can’t zone off too far to go help out on JD/ Hooker as needs to be close enough to Stewart to effect any marking contests of ball to him.

We just need to get enough ball into our fwd line

1 Like

0 chance of playing and 0 chance of being an emergency IMO

1 Like

A CROW ATE MY BABY !

1 Like

LONGY

3 Likes

Cool with your opinion. Lets re-visit this after the teams are announced.

1 Like

‘It’s only Round One.’

2 Likes

I’d love to see Clarke get a run soon. Hardnuts have a knack of just playing footy the way they always have without complicating things. Just getting the ball.

2 Likes

You will get repeat efforts from him as well.

I like him.

With all of these comparisons of who is in and out, we have completely forgotten these 3 crow’s players who will rack up the possessions -

Holding Crows
High Free Crows
Squibbs Your Kick

1 Like

Well, I’m ij south hippsland atm, so i reckon he’d be afair way from me.!,:blush:

1 Like

chortle

3 Likes

LONG

1 Like