EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

Shaun McKernan - given his preseason form he must be a good chance to get picked.

1 Like

Match Winner

I do agree but I donā€™t see how. They wonā€™t move hooker back and you canā€™t play all of stewart, hooker, mckernan and Daniher forward

and I agree with you. Deserves to be in, but where?

If he can keep his form no doubt an opportunity will present itself.

Iā€™d start Jakey Forward early, Try get a couple kicks if he can get a goal that would be huge for his confidence, If he starts in the middle he will go to hard early I reckon.

He gets that early goal and the crowd go bonkers heā€™ll light the game up.

1 Like
B: Baguley Hartley Dea 

HB: Goddard Hurley Saad

C: Zaharakis Heppell (C) McGrath

HF: Smith Daniher Stewart

F: Green Hooker McDonald-Tipungwuti

R: Belly Stringer Zerrett

Int: Parish McKenna Begley **Clarke**

Emg: Langford, Brown, Redman
2 Likes

I hope Stringer does line up at the first centre bounce.

1 Like

Clarke over Langford has me all like:

9 Likes

I think it shows our confidence in Stringer to start him in the midfield.
And geez give him a run in the middle then rest in the forwardline.
if he starts in the forwardline the ball might not get down there.

Im leaning towards debuting Clarke who is a genuine inside mid to replace Myers. Begley stays in too, although I havent been that impressed with his preseason. But he only needs a few touches, and i still remember his debut game.

1 Like

Stringer straight in the guts works for me. If he touches the ball early it will give him plenty of confidence.

Personally I have Langers over Clarke as I think he deserves the opportunity.

I like Clarke though and look forward to him being given a shot. he is as tough as they come and works tirelessly.

3 Likes

Iā€™m inclined to think we need all of dea, Hartley, brown and Hurley. If we donā€™t play one of them, who takes someone like a Fogarty or lynch? Goddard? No thanks

4 Likes

I donā€™t know how heā€™s been tracking pre-season, but from what I saw of him last year, his kicking needs major work before he can be considered for senior selection. Hard as a catā€™s head and can find the ball, but disposal by foot is the big issueā€¦

no doubt kicking is a problem but if you are the guy getting first touch and dishing it out by hand then its not a big issue.

As far as I can see that is actually our biggest concern.

Dea might get Lynch, can play tall.

Saad will get Betts, bit of talk that heā€™s done a pretty decent job on him in the past.

Just for hypothetical

Dea - lynch
Hurley - McGovern
Hartley - Jenkins
??? - Fogarty?

I mean what are our options. Goddard or Baguley? Iā€™d rather have brown as that 4th tall/intercept player freeing Goddard up a bit

2 more sleeps.

Anyone else surprised that Goddard and Hurley are the same height at 193cm?

Not really.

People have a fascination with size on here.

1 Like

I do like my juicy 190cm big bodied midfielders.

2 Likes

Laconic?