EFC v Adelaide Rd 1 - 12 days on, match day thread

13.5 ave disposals. Delist.

Will probably only happen 5 or 6 times this year but I can see Stringer playing an absolute blinder.

Actually, no its not going to be fun…

There’s an incredible amount of supposition going on here. All of your conclusions are based on nothing but rumour and guesswork.

If your going to publicly criticise someone, do it with facts.

9 Likes

Fair bit of anxiety in the Blitz dressing room at the moment, this is no time for facts. More a time for foot stamping and finger pointing. Crow should have seen the Scaphoid fracture coming - this much is obvious.

7 Likes

They should sack someone from the Bombers e-sports team just to show we mean business!

17 Likes

My apple i phone head phones lasted two weeks this time around which is great but I bought them three weeks ago and don’t want to make the Mrs by playing the audio of Justin Crow’s propoganda.

What’s the damage?

How many best 22 certainties are we missing?

Fanta is a given.

Colyer is a given.

Gleeson is a given.

Myers, yeah ok.

Laverde questionable, ambrose questionable, mcniece questionable, Brown Surely not best 22.

Am i way off track?

We have Zerrett, Dyson, Hooker, Hurls, Parish, Goddard, Zaka, Daniher, Tippa, the three S recruits, TBC, Mcgrath, Mckenna, Stewart…

Pretty health injury wise really.

None of the outs (Fanta aside) are anywhere near our top 5 are they?

1 Like

Ambrose is not questionable.
He is Best 18…not a super star obviously, but a solid defender.

Colyer I would consider fringe Best 22, particularly with the addition of McGrath and Smith to our midfield.

3 Likes

The bulk of our best 22 are available. I reckon we will go in something like this:

B: Baguley Hartley Saad
HB: McKenna Hurley Goddard
C: Smith Heppell McGrath
HF: Stringer Daniher Walla
F: Green Hooker Stewart
Foll: Bellchambers Merrett Zaharakis
I/C: Parish Langford Begley Brown
Emg: Leunberger Dea Guelfi

12 Likes

Didn’t realize I was speaking in tongues… I said you’re contradicting yourself.
Specifically from two weeks ago when you threw your little tantrum and demanded a response to the Richmond practice match while espousing that injuries are just part of pre season.
Is that a bit clearer for you?

1 Like

According to the AFL injury report, there are around 80 players unavailable for round 1 across 18 clubs. The average is around 4.5 per club.
The Highest is 8, the lowest is 1
No doubt we are impacted more than average. Carlton, Collingwood and Hawthorn are similarly at the high end in number of injuries.

At least we are lucky that we’ve only lost 1 key player in Fantasia. The rest are fringe players that can be replaced with our depth. It’s not ideal, but it’s not the end of the world.

1 Like

Just watched Crowey report

The Myers and McNeice “injuries” are seemingly just the club taking precaution.

Myers - reported tightness/ no muscle tear found on scan, unavailable this week.

McNeice - reported tightness / no tear but irritation at the top muscle/tendon, unavailable this week.

It’s annoying but better this happens than the Raz / LAV scenario which obviously club has decided now can’t happen.

In Myers case for example in any other circumstance they normally would have played him. But erring heavily on side of caution.

I’d expect both available round 2 as will Raz.

8 Likes

Not staying it should happen – but what are the odds of J Merret jagging a game?

I’m still confident we can take home the chocolates.

The injuries aren’t ideal, but I think our depth in those positions (Raz aside, fingers crossed) (Ambrose, Gleek and Myers) is pretty reasonable. I love Gleek, but Myers is arguably a worse omission based on JLT form, but the reality is that most of those complaining didn’t have him best 22 pre JLT. Hopeful THE slots in and steps up to cover Myers.

Now, if we lost JD, Hooker, Zerrett, Smith, McG or Hurley…

2 Likes

This is the team. I like it.

Nice team, however

Out: Brown
In: Dea

Need someone to play on Lynch and Dea is a better matchup. We would be too tall with all of Hurley, Hartley and Brown down back, especially as Walker is not playing.

I actually watched some of our Geelong game last night from last year, that was a good win. Interestingly we were without Ambrose and Gleeson - think Gleeson was dropped and dea and Hartley we’re their replacements

That’s the game the Cats got slammed for their lack of tackling pressure, then completely turned their season around. As a result our midfield got on top and didn’t leave our defence under the pump.

Fantasia turned that game on his own when he went up on the wing.

Star.

1 Like