EFC Website

Its not even accurate

Langford looks like he’s slowly morphing into Myers.

4 Likes

Waterman has an actual photo!!

1 Like

They are there now, sans photo (roll on 2023), but interestingly we now have two number 43’s.

Tex was wearing Walla’s number in the practice match against the Bulldogs, apparently he hasn’t given it back yet!

1 Like

Hilarious update- fix one thing only to break another.
Not to mention that the silhouette used for Tex looks vaguely human.
Unlike the abstract blob used for Martin.
You’d think they could at least be consistent in their anonymity.

2 Likes

Mate - careful what you say.

Nic is pretty sensitive about his floating head.

2 Likes

Anyone else think the quality of writing on the EFC website is appalling?

The recent Caldwell and Hayes articles are riddled with spelling and grammar errors, full of numbing cliches and generally read like they’re written by a high school student trying to sound interesting.

The social media pages are similar. I understand they use a different tone and try to engage the kids, but get the basics right.

Well, you should see what’s going on over in the Will Setterfield thread!

3 Likes

I think they lack a bit but then again MSM articles on our players are also dull and shallow.

I’d rephrase the question by asking, “Why would the writing be of high quality?”

It’s probably written by someone whose primary job it is to handle multiple social media platforms and publish photos/videos. I doubt the pay is anything special. High quality writers are unlikely to be tempted by an EFC media gig.

Besides, I’m not convinced many would appreciate a greater writing ability even if we were to up the standard, based on the intellect of the average footy fan.

1 Like

I agree that is the likely reason, but it’s not too much to expect that an AFL club publishes articles without spelling mistakes.

Despite more money, more resources, more staff, fully professional players and better technology, we have poorer quality and less-interesting content than 1990s Bomber magazines.

It’s ■■■■ poor.

1 Like

We used to be cutting edge – first club with a website, best magazine, our own radio show. We also won football games.

Now we lose games, are ■■■■ at fan engagement & info and don’t send out member packs.

4 Likes

I laughed because of how true this is!

1 Like

If you have a look at EPL club websites, you’ll realise that the EFC website is not so bad after all (spelling/grammatical mistakes aside).

1 Like

What’s it like compared to other AFL club sites?

Since they are all run by Telstra, the format will be almost identical. I can’t vouch for the quality of the ‘journalism’.

I don’t understand why they don’t have a EFC special members only log in only website where they can make the fan experience what they want and just use the Telstra/AFL as the public one.

This is from the EFC app today.
I know all clubs go through Telstra, but come on, do better.

And yes, it’s Josh Eyre, LOL.

3 Likes