Egan departs

Fk me is there anything about the Hird/Evans era that wasn’t sneaky or a poor reflection of the club. Rubbish era of the club.

Fk me is there anything about the Hird/Evans era that wasn't sneaky or a poor reflection of the club. Rubbish era of the club.

The Woosha selection process wasn’t sneaky at all.

Fk me is there anything about the Hird/Evans era that wasn't sneaky or a poor reflection of the club. Rubbish era of the club.

Hird accepted the blame when others scarpered off to their cushy new jobs. He suffered along with his players. How have Evans, Robson, Hamilton and Robinson suffered? IIRC, Hird never sought the job as coach. He was cajoled into the position by that brave heart Evans. At the club, 30 people were above Hird in the chain of command in the saga. Evans was number one big boss and he has never apologised. He’s the poor reflection on the club.

Hird accepted the blame when others scarpered off to their cushy new jobs. He suffered along with his players. How have Evans, Robson, Hamilton and Robinson suffered? IIRC, Hird never sought the job as coach. He was cajoled into the position by that brave heart Evans. At the club, 30 people were above Hird in the chain of command in the saga. Evans was number one big boss and he has never apologised. He’s the poor reflection on the club.

I do think Evan’s had a primary role in setting up the disaster that befell us but in the context of the media management that he was trying to orchestrate, here is an Evan’s quote:

… Lastly I want to apologise to our players and their families, to our members and our supporters and to the AFL community about what has happened at Essendon.

There is a lot of speculation about the role of sports scientists and what is cutting edge and what is competitive and so on but in all that confusion and debate I want people to focus on Dr. Switkowski’s first recommendation to our board:

1. Pioneering work with supplements and exotic treatments should be left to the Australian Sports Commission. This is not an area for risk management but for zero tolerance. A club’s pharmacology skills should not normally be independently and secretly developed as a source of competitive advantage. And an arms race for the most sophisticated molecules must be prohibited.

I am deeply sorry that this happened on my watch as Chairman of the Board of the Essendon Football Club.

I know how important this club is to its members and supporters, and I can only apologise that this series of events has happened.

I say to members today that I will fight to ensure that there is zero tolerance to risky programs or procedures at our club.

We have already made changes and will make more.

The video is no longer available, make of that what you will.

I must admit in isolation this passage holds up after the event.

I was a Choc Williams fan but come on he was player development coach at Richmond. How well do you reckon he did?

Don’t think for one minute that James Hird didn’t want the coaching job. I was privy to a discussion between Hird and Knights only a few months befor Kinights was sacked, which left no doubt in anyone’s mind that James Hird was marking his territory and that Knights days were numbered.

Now I still pine for James to be the coach and still have the fantasy that he will return to take us to glory. I also dream of a dirty weekend with Salma Hayek, and that is probably more chance of happening.

I believe he has great potential to become a very good coach. Rated him highly.

Hmmm.

Becoming an assistant under Woosha would’ve been nice.

May not have been offered to him. Might have a good offer elsewhere, like the Brisbane Lions?

He has nothing concrete on the table, but wanted to get back to AFL, and we had no vacancies to offer him.
It’s a shame. Good man, and a good operator.
Will be missed.

Jeez that’s disappointing.

no vacancies has killed next year for me.

So I can look forward to not seeing your constant negativity on here next year?

Don't think for one minute that James Hird didn't want the coaching job. I was privy to a discussion between Hird and Knights only a few months befor Kinights was sacked, which left no doubt in anyone's mind that James Hird was marking his territory and that Knights days were numbered.

Now I still pine for James to be the coach and still have the fantasy that he will return to take us to glory. I also dream of a dirty weekend with Salma Hayek, and that is probably more chance of happening.

Hird came back in 2010 and trained with the players for a session in an open training session the club marketed, then took Knights job 2 months later.
Don't think for one minute that James Hird didn't want the coaching job. I was privy to a discussion between Hird and Knights only a few months befor Kinights was sacked, which left no doubt in anyone's mind that James Hird was marking his territory and that Knights days were numbered.

Hird came back in 2010 and trained with the players for a session in an open training session the club marketed, then took Knights job 2 months later.

Was it really that long ago ! The last six seasons have been a blur.

Hird and Knights met after a ■■■■ Reynolds Club function at Crown and the body language between them was “awkward”. I was sitting opposite and fascinated by the strong words both were using.

I went out to the bar, and met Koala and JBomber for the first time, and bet them a bottle of Champers that Knights was gone and Hird had the gig. We all had lunch a few months later to drink the champagne and celebrate the coming of James.

The EFC has changed my perception of time. I’m going to sue.

Reckon Melbourne might be into him with Goodwin at the helm.

Brett Allision from casey could do well

Have sent a photo of you to Salma. She has replied "No Chance " but has asked for a photo of Hirdy.

Matthew Egan joins Melbourne as head of development

FFS

Lol wasn’t McCartney their development guy?

Melbourne are really into replicating that successful modern Essendon culture.

Houli Douli called it on the 19th.

Pick 44 Melbourne Demons Nash Holmes/Aaron Heppell

Bring along some of the good stuff for your boss.

Lol wasn't McCartney their development guy?

How the genius has fallen.

Perhaps we should’ve seen the warning signs when Hird said he was the best coach he ever worked with :confused:

Melbourne are really into replicating that successful modern Essendon culture.
Peter Jackson working his magic once again.