Egan VFL coach

Well given that Skippy was already our midfield coach for all practical intents and purposes, that is fair enough.

And Egan in charge of the magoos is great imo.

If that was the case WTF was Harvey doing? Wasn’t the midfield his line?

On paper yes. He’s only there because he’s an Essendon champion. Should be moved on.

Wow. And midfield the most critical part of the team. Loss of Goodwin really hurt it seems. Yet another thing Hirdy was up against it with.

If that is clearly known by the club. Surely with Woosha coming in there is no easy ride for favourite sons and he gets the chop.

IMO we should be pinching a midfield coach from a current top side or putting in a recently retired midfield star not upgrading Skipworth to the role (assuming that is the line he taking)

Fog do you know what line he will be responsible for?

Munna, I will have a go at answering this...

I believe the ‘knock on Skip’ (and I have felt like this at times during the season) is, the consensus being that Skippy is simply tactically inept. I haven’t got evidence for you and I can’t remember a single instance to enforce my feelings but yeah.
Just felt like being a keyboard peanut.

And people who were making that call had no idea what he was doing with the team, what the senior coaching panel had asked him to do, or what they collectively decided to implement.

They had/have no coaching experience, & likely even no playing experience, yet, just because they could not see method in what they considered madness, and that they then decided it was the guy that did know what was going on, / was doing what was decided by the CoachES to be the best plan, was wrong & bad at his job, just proved it.

They had no idea.

Sooo Egan no longer DEF coach or is he doing both roles?

I heard Skippy cooks a mean Rib Eye, and his roast lamb is to die for.

Not to mention the Kanga bangers …

In our cynicism many of us seem to take these announcements as having nothing to do with the individuals involved - as if the club is always screwing people over without any discussion with them.

I imagine Egan would jump at the chance to coach his own team as part of his development. If he didn’t want to do it he wouldn’t be.

Skippy, as much as he seems to become a scapegoat for many things, must have something going for him for Worsfold to keep him in a dedicated position, rather than dividing him between two teams. Frankly, the cooking humour is overdone.

Good luck to them both.

wasnt embraced as a player by this forum and the same has continued into his coaching career, as simple and stupid as that really

Don’t mind the switcheroo.

Munna, I will have a go at answering this...

I believe the ‘knock on Skip’ (and I have felt like this at times during the season) is, the consensus being that Skippy is simply tactically inept. I haven’t got evidence for you and I can’t remember a single instance to enforce my feelings but yeah.
Just felt like being a keyboard peanut.

And people who were making that call had no idea what he was doing with the team, what the senior coaching panel had asked him to do, or what they collectively decided to implement.

They had/have no coaching experience, & likely even no playing experience, yet, just because they could not see method in what they considered madness, and that they then decided it was the guy that did know what was going on, / was doing what was decided by the CoachES to be the best plan, was wrong & bad at his job, just proved it.

They had no idea.

Cheers for that

Love it how people just say gee the midfeild didn’t perform well this year better sack the mid coach he is no good.
If you stop and think about the injury’s we had to key players. Who could have done better? FFS

Senior Coach: Woosha
VFL coach: Egan
Assistant: Harvey
Assistant: Skipworth

Left
Hird
Bassett

Seems a bit bare at this stage. Surely we will name a third assistant before preseason?

Neeld.

Neeld.

thanks
Moving from development role into the box? I didnt see any news about it!

I'd rather not see Skip coaching AFL. Even as a line coach.

Will be a good development opportunity for Egan. Possibly strengthening his claims for senior coach post Worsfold.

i think youll find hell be offered several jobs before wooshas done coaching (provided wooshas not a complete disaster). id love for him to coach us one day but i dont think its realistic. hell have a side offering him the big bucks one day. hes an insanely good coach

Is there anyone left to play in our VFL team next year?

Besides Long, of course.

Where’s BLUEY?

Or Blake Caracella???

So if they’ve both been promoted, who got demoted?

Don't mind the switcheroo.

That’s a bit too much info for us paz

Skippy…I hear him speak at VFL matches, and he is often:

• deadpan and uninspiring
  • delivering instructions that are incoherent to me

He is not Hickmott-levels-of-bad, but I am concerned…