Egan VFL coach

On the surface it could be seen as a demotion, but Woosha wants to build a premiership team and has cut the crop deep. It’s not a demotion.

Would prefer Neeld stick to development.
Don’t like Neeld, Harvey or Skipworth as coaches. Slightly embarrassing to be honest.
Would like Egan to be a line coach and continue his AFL development.
But hey that’s just me.

Skippy...I hear him speak at VFL matches, and he is often: - deadpan and uninspiring - delivering instructions that are incoherent to me

He is not Hickmott-levels-of-bad, but I am concerned…

Certain that Hickmott is still in the AFL system.

He must be travelling ok.

Hickmott works with the eagles in player development.

No wonder they lost the grand final

Remember when Egan used to get bagged on here. Ahhh…the good ol’ days.

Oh no.

Corrigan?

He title is Head of Player Development & VFL coach.

He is in charge of all player development and gets to coach his own team.

Seems like a promotion to me over being an assistant coach at AFL level.

Is a massive opportunity for him and will only help in the long term if he decides he does want to become a Senior Coach.

I'd rather not see Skip coaching AFL. Even as a line coach.

Will be a good development opportunity for Egan. Possibly strengthening his claims for senior coach post Worsfold.

i think youll find hell be offered several jobs before wooshas done coaching (provided wooshas not a complete disaster). id love for him to coach us one day but i dont think its realistic. hell have a side offering him the big bucks one day. hes an insanely good coach

Get him off to hawthorn or some club on the up with a zany new game plan that beats webs and clusters and fark knows what else. Then when players are sick of chasing imaginary finish lines BRING HIM IN.

With the list clean out underway, Egan will indeed have a lot of first year players to develop. It is an important role…

EGO and CORRO.

Much to like.

Kind of the non Roosey coaches.

Skipworth must be a great clubman.

Did anyone watch any VFL this year and think ‘this team looks alright’ or was it just me?

Is McKenna going to sign on?
any more assistant coaches to come?
what do people think about neelds change in role?

It’s a good promotion, great opportunity with more autonomy and in charge of probably the most important job after the Coach and List/Recruiters.

I’m not worried about the other coaches, if they are not directing the message properly Woosha will pull them into line.

Did anyone watch any VFL this year and think 'this team looks alright' or was it just me?
Only when Skipworth was with the seniors instead.

Oh, and all the other times too.

Skippy...I hear him speak at VFL matches, and he is often: - deadpan and uninspiring - delivering instructions that are incoherent to me

Same. Skip never really impressed me as a VFL head coach, but - from all reports - impressed when he was helping the AFL midfield role.
Egan certainly impressed when he was the caretaker head coach. Win win.

Do we know if Harvey’s staying on?

Did anyone watch any VFL this year and think 'this team looks alright' or was it just me?
Definitely. But what goes into that? You could argue Neeld (in player development) was just as big a factor, or the list itself, or Craig (whatever he does), or the Corrigan/s. Most likely all of those played a part, and other things too.

I don’t think Skippy is useless, by any stretch - I just don’t think he’s cut out for being “the” guy.

Same. Skip never really impressed me as a VFL head coach, but - from all reports - impressed when he was helping the AFL midfield role.
Egan certainly impressed when he was the caretaker head coach. Win win.

Do we know if Harvey’s staying on?

Unfortunately, at this point he is.
One can but pray for change.