Egan VFL coach

Did anyone watch any VFL this year and think 'this team looks alright' or was it just me?

We looked great…Stein, Tippa in defence…NOB, Cogs, Polks, Schroeder in the midfield…Wombat, Hardy up forward…oh ****!!! Who do I really barrack for???

Did anyone watch any VFL this year and think 'this team looks alright' or was it just me?
Definitely. But what goes into that? You could argue Neeld (in player development) was just as big a factor, or the list itself, or Craig (whatever he does), or the Corrigan/s. Most likely all of those played a part, and other things too.

I don’t think Skippy is useless, by any stretch - I just don’t think he’s cut out for being “the” guy.

That’s pretty funny.

Success is whole bunch of factors, doubts are my feels and thinks.

Skippy...I hear him speak at VFL matches, and he is often: - deadpan and uninspiring - delivering instructions that are incoherent to me

He is not Hickmott-levels-of-bad, but I am concerned…

Same. Skip never really impressed me as a VFL head coach, but - from all reports - impressed when he was helping the AFL midfield role.
Egan certainly impressed when he was the caretaker head coach. Win win.

Do we know if Harvey’s staying on?

Unfortunately, at this point he is.
One can but pray for change.

What's your knock on MH?
Definitely. But what goes into that? You could argue Neeld (in player development) was just as big a factor, or the list itself, or Craig (whatever he does), or the Corrigan/s. Most likely all of those played a part, and other things too.

I don’t think Skippy is useless, by any stretch - I just don’t think he’s cut out for being “the” guy.

That’s pretty funny.

Success is whole bunch of factors, doubts are my feels and thinks.

We’ve had no success though.

what is happening with Neeld? There have been a few posts around indicating he’s gone, but I haven’t seen anything from the club

Skippy...I hear him speak at VFL matches, and he is often: - deadpan and uninspiring - delivering instructions that are incoherent to me

Same. Skip never really impressed me as a VFL head coach, but - from all reports - impressed when he was helping the AFL midfield role.

What's your knock on MH?

Well we’ll start with the fact that he’s paid as the midfield coach, but most of that work is done by Skipworth.

He’s there as the Bomber replacement EFC legend, not because he’s actually needed.

what is happening with Neeld? There have been a few posts around indicating he's gone, but I haven't seen anything from the club

He’s staying, but, in a vastly different and non match-day role.

Player Development currently.

what is happening with Neeld? There have been a few posts around indicating he's gone, but I haven't seen anything from the club

He’s staying, but, in a vastly different and non match-day role.

Player Development currently.

No. He’s gone from non-match day to match day role.

What's your knock on MH?

Where do you start…

Is McKenna going to sign on? any more assistant coaches to come? what do people think about neelds change in role?
Crows definitely spoke to him but he knocked them back citing interest in a Melbourne based club, don't know if it's us or not

What's your knock on MH?
You read what Matthew Pavlich wrote about him when he was the head coach at Freo - mixed messages, not getting through to the players, players running out to the field asking Pav for his interpretation of what Harv's just said as they had no idea etc etc.

Plus I know for a fact that he used to refuse to watch any games of AFL on TV - it was either live at the game or nothing, which is a big hurdle when you are based in Perth, isolated from getting to most games in person.

S**** me how people seem to be experts when u comes to others. Very few, if any around here would even know Skipworth and how the playing group respond to him. I guess the club knows better than blitz.

Good luck Skippy.

Ego is definitely heading in the right direction.

I got nothing against skippy.

that reasoning you use to justify it however, seriously ? “the club knows best”

where the ■■■■ have you been the last 3 years let alone the last 15 odd ? seriously you want to ■■■■■■■ run with that line to justify anything ?

The club may know more, but it doesn’t necessarily always know best.

DKP however is very reliable.

Whether it’s McKenna or someone else, we better get the last assistant spot right because having Harvey, Neeld and Skipworth in the box doesn’t instill me with great confidence.

Any questions of skipworth should’ve be directed to his quarter time talks at vfl.

your point ? other than to have a dig at me.

no… that was all.

however you slice it skippy won the lottery when knights draft him in 2008 ahead of Tom Rockliff because he felt we needed a bit more experience having cleared JJ, Rama, Michael, Pev and Messiah. I can’t quite work out how he has been at the club ever since but he has.

no… that was all.

good to see you contributing as much as ever to the topic at hand.

As a rule what role is a man filling when he is selected as a senior coach, reserves coach/ head of player development, or assistant coach?