Electronic Dance Music

I sometimes venture into cheesy Euro Trash and this is a guilty pleasure:

Alcazar: crying at the discotheque

I didn’t bother going through the list, but was Jam and Spoon or anything from KLF in there?

5 Likes

Thats me lol

KLF - 3am made the list. No Jam and Spoon but Age of Love made it into the list.

1 Like

This should not be a guilty pleasure.

This tune made a popular comeback at the venue I was at on New Years Eve last year. Love it.

1 Like

The original is pretty neat.

Not electronic, but re Jam & Spoon:

2 Likes

Howdy,

Can someone please explain to me when the genre changed from being called dance music to EDM? It‘a the same music from back in the days when we would go to the clubs? Asking @Europhoric and @Kj_11 who are around my age.

2 Likes

Where’s the techno?

3 Likes

The term EDM started being bandied around in the USA late 2000’s as they experienced their second summer of love or revival of their rave scene.

4 Likes

Cheers! I had stopped going to the clubs by that stage, never went to raves or music festivals either, so maybe that’s why I didn’t know.

2 Likes

I am upping the cheese factor

5 Likes

Bringing back lots of memories at Room 680 in Hawthorn, Billboard and CQ … circa 2005-08.

1 Like

Best dance song ever:

We all know it.

7 Likes

Kirin J Callinan is a @#$#

1 Like

God help me…I accidentally stumbled into this thread and discovered that there really is a hell on earth.

And it’s this thread!!!

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that this was the original version of Try Me Out…I always preferred this version:

2 Likes

Love this track. Even without his guitar you feel his vibe in a cool electro track

1 Like

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

HEY BABY

I WANNA KNOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

IF YOU’LL BE MY GIRL.

Edit: oh you did.

2 Likes
1 Like

Great thread @ana I mean @Europhoric

200 greatest dance songs is a tough list to put together. Top 200 electronic tracks would be easier. Possibly. Although, most of my favourites stand out because they have a special memory (sometimes quite blurred) attached.

Maybe I’ll sit down with a beer later and see what I can come up with.

And @swoodley…GTFO! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes