Elite Bulldogs Vs Essington Rabble (Match Review Thread)

To be fair it’s his first grammatically correct post.

3 Likes

Guelfi wasn’t playing. Why is Donnington back.

Caracella was coach of “ball movement” among other things at Richmond. I think the club has finally realised what you’re talking about.

1 Like

Wow. Just got back into reception after 3 days off grid - what the shivering fark. Felt like a literal punch to the face once my AFL app updated. I actually can’t imagine conceding 21 goals in a row… After one of the most thrilling months I can remember, this club can continually find new ways to break your heart. Fk me.

1 Like

You could at least get more creative/deceptive with your user names?

21 goals in a row.
TWENTY- FARKING-ONE!!!
AS A TEAM FIGHTING FOR A FINALS SPOT!!!

Just think about that for a minute…

Don’t tell me the club didn’t turn up its toes against the Dogs. Christ, the farking top-up teams would’ve beaten last night’s effort.

5 Likes

Amazing that only one of them was in 2016.

1 Like

Just thinking about it, 2016 would have really been a great opportunity to inbed defensive strategies and team defence. Pretty much a year to set in a proper gameplan and strategies with no pressure from the outside, in the meantime doing everything to reduce the smashings. Instead it was a completely wasted year too, to go along with 17, 18 and 19.

while it’s true on the one hand.
you’re assuming that If the club as a whole came out and said we need a rebuild and it’ll take time, say 3-4 years before we are competitive to the standard that in theory should take us deep into finals, I think most would accept that …
IF, and it’s the very big If they see actual development of players and strategies to get to the end result.

Surely by now supporters and the whole club should be able to see what you say in your last paragraph isn’t achievable.

who knows though, I think if the club is actually honest with us, most would accept a long term wait and rebuild, again if they actually see it as the main focus.

all they see atm is regurgitated pr slogans about this is not us, this isn’t what we stand for, we will learn from this, and so on and so on, yet they’ve essentially sold the farm the last 2 years to get to this point in time, where with a decent list we are either going to miss the finals, or probably fall in and get slaugthered yet again in the first week.

that is not improvement from anything that’s been dished up for15 odd years, and while they may not have come out and said specifically oh we will be top 4, and or make the finals, their actions indicated that was the goal.

I think people don’t give essendon supporters enough credit, esp over the last 6 years, yet alone 15.
yes we ■■■■■ and moan alot, but if you’re honest with us, you’d be surprised what we’d be willing to wait for.
but the key part is, being honest.

3 Likes

Me I don’t care we don’t deserve to play finals.

It’s now Dooner Dancer, get it right.

He fits rite [sic] in.

Rutten makes the most sense

1 Like

I wonder that if we had given preference to the kids in 2016 we may have not won the WS and be far more advanced in having the knowledge of which kids are worth persisting with and a core group with a bit more experience within our up and coming players. So fricken obvious.

Sadly, lid on and sealed shut for 2019.
Going to live in my happy place now - watching Nigella Feasts on SBS.
One time, Nigella made homemade doughnuts. yum.
#Essington
#BlameitonTanner

2 Likes

All I can remember from that game was me laughing at the dreadful scenes as the dogs piled on goal after goal. By goal 21 I was laughing my ■■■ off at how much of a joke this club is. What was the score again by that point? 14-129 in the 4th - nice one boys, good work.

Clowns

10 Likes

I think the analog for where Hooker is at now is Scott Lucas c.2007. When those slow guys hit 30 and their bodies pack it in, they go from being great to a team hindrance almost overnight.

We are stuck with him for another couple of years. He has played ok at time this year and his leadership is good. However, we and he need to become more realistic about his future. Next year he should be prepared to be overtaken and the year after play a big chunk of VFL footy like Myers.

If he is going to demand AFL games and sook it up, then we may have to try move him on to Gold Coast.

Lucas kicked 61 goals in 2007, dominated the 2008 pre season, then did his knee (medial) in round 1. He never recovered from that.

So yeah, if Hooker does some major injury at his age then yeah, he’s probably cooked. We’re not there yet, though.

2 Likes