English Premier League 2018/19

Henry Mancini? I heard he was coaching Moon River or the Pink Panthers.

But he had been in the (Peter) Gunn for a while.

Thought they were saving it for conte

Mancini has been the Italian national team coach for the past few months

Sarri confirmed as new Chelsea boss. Never heard of him. How do his teams play? Defensively minded? Or is he more expressive? Compared to other managers to have been appointed at Chelsea he seems rather low profile…

Manager of Napoli for last 3 seasons. 2x R/U and a 3rd behind a great Juve side. His teams play an excellent attacking brand of football and are good to watch. Won’t be any busses at the Bridge

5 Likes

For the "i can’t believe he was still on the team award’

daly blind back home to ajax.

Got a decent fee back for him as well which is unusual for us as we always seem to pay a mint for players and then sell them for a pittance.

Check out the highlights of Everton’s pre-season game against some Austrian potato farmers overnight. Absolutely comical, would be like Essendon playing against a Club 18 team as a warm-up game.

Why? Did Everton lose?

2 Likes

They won 22-0. Think Australia v American Samoa. Absolute farce of a game.

1 Like

Were they taking their shirts off and hugging the crowd when they scored?

Always loved that Masters vs Students rugby game in The Meaning of Life.

1 Like

Alisson Becker the Brazil No1 looking like landing at Liverpool for mega $$. So just how good is he? and are Liverpool building a squad with the talent and depth to challenge the Mancs for the title?

Keita, Fabinho and the enigmatic Shaqiri the additions to a pretty heavily armed squad - albeit now with the confirmed loss of Oxlade-Chamberlain for the entire season. Perhaps still vulnerable in in the central defensive position…

1 Like

Scoring goals has never been their problem.

It is conceding them and yes Alisson would be a major signing but he will just be the next poor ■■■■■■■ having to pick the ball up out of them met despite his best efforts due to Liverpoil not addressing the centre half’s at all.

Haha clearly you didn’t watch the back half of the last season once van Dijk arrived. Lovren also played a lot better as the 2nd fiddle CB - he has managed to play in a Champions League and World Cup final in the last 2 months.

In the Premier League we conceded 14 goals in 17 matches played in 2018 - this included 3 in our win against the champions. Comparably your mob conceded 12 from parking the bus in the same number of matches.

Let’s also remember we conceded that many goals with a keeper who couldn’t keep out a cold, while you had one of the best in the world. So put a world class keeper into the Liverpool goals and it should make a difference.

4 Likes

Big Virj is a Rolls Royce of a defender. Hard as nails, can play the ball, calm, organises his defence. He also brings out the best out of Lovren. The CL Final is the first game in a long time where we conceded 3 goals and I couldn’t fault any of the back 4. Bale scored a worldie that 2 De Gea’s wouldn’t have saved, and ■■■■■■■ Karius was at fault for the other 2. I was concerned that Karius would still be in goal. Thank Christ he dropped a ■■■■■■■ again in the pre-season game against Tranmere Rovers to dot the i’s and cross the t’s and show Klopp he can’t have a car crash in net if we are to progress and challenge.

3 Likes

Mesut Ozil quits international football, accusing the German FA of racism towards him given his Turkish ancestry. A really sad, disgraceful situation. Anyone on Twitter should take a look at his posts.

2 Likes

Another great acquisition. There may be more to come as well.

If manu don’t start strengthening soon, we will struggle this season. We desperately need a quality CB, RW, RB

Chelsea could really struggle. Hazard likely to leave for Real Madrid. Courtois possibly heading back to Spain. Seen that they could sign Joe Hart. That’s a fair drop in standard for goalie. Not sure who else they’ve been linked to. You look at Arsenal’s team on paper and it is very solid. Under the new manager I can see them pushing for top 4.

LOL, Cheslea aren’t that dumb surely…