English Premier League 2018/19

is there a bigger blight on punditry than former liverpool players?

graeme souness, michael owen, the others.

Gary Neville, Roy Keane, etc, etc. :wink:

Didnā€™t the latter defend ā€˜The Sacked Oneā€™ the other day? Dumped all the blame on the players, as if the manager had very little influence on their performances/morale within the squad, etc. And they respond by putting Cardiff (who are rubbish - but stillā€¦) to the sword.

3 Likes

Keane is decent becuase he just says his opinion, never sugar coachā€™s anything. Neville isnā€™t the sharpest knife in the drawer and his brother Phil is as dumb as the drawer that the knives are kept in.

3 Likes

Being a gunners supporter there has been lots to be happy about this year. Emery has them playing the best football we have probably played in 4 or 5 years and all with a very unsettled lineup.

Historically it is this Xmas period where Arsenal start to go missing and start having inexplicable losses to cellar dwellers.

If we are to continue to fight for a top 4 spot we need to find somebody to stand beside Koscielny at CB(Emery has been prone to going with a back 3 also), and Aubamayang needs to continue in his current form. Lacazette needs to start finishing off all his hard work also.

Throwing it out there but I think Aubameyang should be considered in the top 5 players in the PL for what heā€™s done since arriving at Arsenal. Heā€™s one of those players that doesnā€™t need many touches to have a massive impact.

2 Likes

We were on fire against The Toffees.
Gave them a belting.

COYS!

1 Like

Mad Liverpool supporter. Do I dare to dream now? Holding back. I know how they usually screw this upā€¦

3 Likes

Do it! I expect they will stuff it up gloriously but of the likely 4 or 5 that are still mathematically in it (realistically it is only out of you guys and Citeh) it would be my preference to be Liverpool. I am not really believing Arsenal can do it this season but can start really building the team for an assault in the coming seasons.

2 Likes

It is your title to lose now. 4 points clear, and the goal difference isnā€™t something to be worried. Could easily even that up by the end of the year.

If you can get through this christmas period and still be ahead on the table. The on;y thing that could slip you up is CL and how far you progress in it

The city clash in two rounds time is the title in my opinion.

Reds win that and they can start to believe.

Too early to say itā€™s ā€œours to loseā€, itā€™s not even Christmas. A loooooong way to go. If we are in the same position with half a dozen games left then yes it is. Weā€™ve been superb so far, but we must keep it up.

4 Likes

Plus have you seen who is the only team to not win title after being in front at Christmas for the last 10 years? Thatā€™s right Liverpool. And theyā€™ve done it twice.

3 Likes

7 of the last 8 that have been on top at Xmas have gone on to win the title.

Beat city and they will be 7 points up.

*the side that was on top at Xmas and couldnā€™t finish it off was Liverpool

Yeah its a big week or 2. Do this right, and we are a long way there.

Nothing beats Boxing Day PL fixtures

Looks like City have imploded

3 Likes

I will only believe Liverpool can win the title when @Mendozaaaa starts to believe.

1 Like

Comfortable 4-0 win at Anfield. Lovren, Salah, Shaqiri and Fabinho the scorers. Spurs now into 2nd after City lose to Leicester.

2 Likes

Itā€™s Liverpoolā€™s to lose now

1 Like

Was talking to a mate about this yesterday, he brought it up and I said ā€œwell you can almost guarantee third time unlucky thenā€

He responded that if it happened, he would never speak to me again! :laughing:

1 Like

Itā€™s nobodyā€™s title to lose right now. Half the games have been played. Itā€™s like claiming a team will win the flag in Round 11. Long way to go yet. We have started well but thatā€™s all it is. Need to keep it up!

1 Like