English Premier League 2019/20

A routine 3-0 win away at Burney for the Champions of Europe. Trent’s long range effort (later ruled an own goal), Mane and Firmino the scorers. Turf Moor is a tough place to go so to get out of there trouble free is a massive plus.

Leicester look really good this season and could be a sneaky top six chance.

1 Like

The Blades!!! Stop the season now

You have to conquer England before you have truly conquered Europe :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Your mob can’t even conquer Liverpool let alone England or Europe

1 Like

This is true.

We will put the Spurs to the sword tonight though :joy:

They are farking slow… Pog and De Gea going through the motions. Spurs, with Vertonghen, Alderweireld and Eriksen are a case study of how quickly the cancer of players, not being committed to a club, can spread through a team

Yeah, this’ll be a test for Spurs tonight. Lots of talk of being unsettled, especially with the Eriksen thing hanging over the group.

Klopp hasn’t wasted any time getting rid of players who agitate for a move behind the scenes. Got rid of Coutinho when he realised keeping him against his wishes wasn’t going to work. Sold Mignolet because he knew he probably wouldn’t want another season sitting as #2 keeper (although in hindsight with Alisson’s injury he’d be playing right now) and there’s been talk of Lovren being sold, although I think that time is passed now.

Arsenal won’t go anywhere with a Sunday League defence. Leno spills a routine save to gift Eirksen a tap-in and then Xhaka gives away a rash penalty. Plus having Sideshow Bob at CB doesn’t help either. Costly mistakes in a 2-2 draw.

1 Like

Not a bad game though for a neutral

1 Like

I’ll have to watch it later. Shame to give up a 2-0 lead.

Javi Garcia sacked at the Hornets. Just… why? Took them to their best ever finish and an FA cup final last year.

4 games in (no wins)- gone. Sacked for Flores. Just bizzare.

1 Like

Liverpool stay perfect, but had to overcome an early deficit to beat Newcastle 3-1 at Anfield. A Mane brace and a well worked goal by Salah sealed the 3 points for the Reds.

3 Likes

■■■■■■■ canaries!

3 Likes

5 points clear on top! :+1:

2 Likes

Roberto Firmino is nearly unplayable at the moment. Gone up a notch this season, started on the bench as he only got back from International duty on Friday, comes on to replace Origi who picked up an ankle injury and then proceeds to take the p1ss the whole time. The assist for Salah’s goal, sublime.

2 Likes

Backheel brilliance.

MOTM & he barely played a little over a half.

On another level now. I reckon he is the most underrated player in the world (outside of Reds fans). His positioning is incredible. He sets everything up for Mane & Salah on opposing sides of him.

Bobby is a gun.

1 Like

That dance move with the ball was an amazing thing of beauty. I even got my wife to watch it - she doesn’t care for any sport and she was super impressed- that’s how amazing it was.

1 Like

Agreed Bobby makes the other two work so well. He’s the clue that no only stock Salah and Mane together he’s our first line of defence and helps set up the entire structure.

1 Like

Poor Willems - playing for a rubbish team means his bit of fancy footery isn’t getting as much air time.

Granted Firmino has a bigger highlights reel of samba steps and deserves the praise

1 Like