English Premier League 2021/2022

Just simply, Gundogan come on and completely changed the game.

Iā€™m on 3 hours sleep. To see Leeds pull off a great escape left me a nervous wreck. I hope the board has learnt from their gamble on this season and properly fund the club for the next. It very nearly didnā€™t pay off.

4 Likes

Amongst all the other happenings last night it would be remiss of me to congratulate Brighton on their highest ever finish since they were formed. Top 10 in the EPL is a pretty good achievement for a side that almost fell out of the league completely and weā€™re on the verge of liquidation just 20 odd years ago

7 Likes

Coys.

1 Like

That was a hard watch last night. When Brentford equalised and then Burnley pulled one back I thought the worst was going to happen. Lucky it all worked out.
Now to invest in the squad so we donā€™t have to go through that again.

2 Likes

Big result for Leeds. Thought they were gone for all money but between them and Burnley Iā€™m glad to see the Clarets go down.

1 Like

Shout out to Son on curling in a beaut to get a brace in 5 mins and equal Salah (or Salah equal him, time wise) to win the Golden Boot.

I was resigned to the fact that we were down as I couldnā€™t see us winning. Great to see us show some fight on the final day.

3 Likes

So proud of the Liverpool team. But, wow thatā€™s a tough one to take. City are so good. To go 2 down and then score 3 times in only 5 minutes is almost impossible to compete with. The fact we were still a chance of a quadruple when the whistle went on our final league game is a credit to all involved.

Next week arguably becomes even higher stakes now. Walking away with only 2 domestic cups would almost be a let down after such an amazing season.

2 Likes

Burnleys relegation means there will be 5 north western teams in the championship next season, nightmare for Lancashire police

1 Like

Watford :white_check_mark:
Norwich :white_check_mark:
Newcastle :x:

If only fat mike didnā€™t sell the mags in October I couldā€™ve got all 3

2 Likes

Newcastle fan hereā€¦ so glad Burnley relegated. The most boring team in the EPL.

4 Likes

Iā€™m relatively happy with that

2 Likes

Everton for Europe was my biggest blunder! 2/3 relegated teams correct, Brighton never in the mix. Lukaku has to go close to biggest failed signing, especially given the feeā€¦

2 Likes

Champions: Manchester City
Runners Up: Liverpool
CL Spots: Chelsea, Tottingham
5th, 6th: Spurs, Manchester Utd
First Sacked: Xisco Munoz, followed by Steve Bruce I reckon, then Nuno
Golden Boot: Mohammed Salah and SON!
Most disappointing/mediocre team: Aston Villa, Leeds, nah reckon Everton will have a stinker
Relegated: Norwich, Watford, Burnleh

Now thatā€™s a fair effort S&S!

4 Likes

Interestingly from your predictions, Spurs had a B team in the premier league that I never watched. Impressive to finish in champions league spots and 5-6 spot as well. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
But impressive predictions!

This was mine.

Champions: Man City
Runners-up: Chelsea
3rd-4th: Liverpool, Leicester
5th-6th/Europa League places: Man United, West Ham
First manager sacked: Arteta (Arsenal)
PL top scorer: Salah
Relegated: Brentford, Watford, Norwich

HAHA! Canā€™t even take the ā– ā– ā– ā–  properly. Just copied of Scottyā€™s template.

1 Like

Sale of the Chavs has been formally approved by the UK government. The takeover will cost $4.2bn with the proceeds going to Ukraine

Roman will be sad. What is he going to play with now?