EPL 2017/18 Thread

Still think it’s undersized, Spurs have over 60,000 still on the waiting list behind the current 25-30,000 at WHL. Should of been 75k IMO

I hate athletics tracks around soccer stadiums, provide such a disconnect for fans.

Cool, thanks mate.

What a goal by mooy.

enjoy watching huddersfield for the mooy.

3 Likes

Spurs…

Oh dear…

Chelsea go in at halftime up 1-0 after a peach of a free kick from Alonso.

Harry Kane and Dele Alli have been phenomenal but just aren’t getting much help at the moment.

Kane is looking super dangerous and had one rocket off the upright with minutes left in the first half and has created 3-4 other chances.

Levy really should have pulled his finger out and stumped up some more cash to help the likes of Kane and Alli out.

Oh dear Michy…

One of the worst own goals you’ll see.

Marcos Alonso looks like he has won it here with 3 minutes plus stoppage time left.

He’s been awesome today.

Appalling goalkeeping from Lloris though to let that in.

Same old story with Chelsea.
Thought we were the better team but they take their chances and walk away with the 3 points.

1 Like

Not Premier League but:

Hamburg winger Nicolai Muller will miss the next seven months after he ruptured a knee ligament in celebrating a goal.

God that reminds me of a Warwick Todd book where Brett Lee gets stress fractures in his back because of this over enthusiastic appealing! Imagine if a player does a knee trying to dive/simulate contact. That would be the karma bus striking pretty hard!

Good stuff from Huddersfield and Mooy, however Newcastle 2 losses to start the campaign is not good. Rafa will have his work cut out trying to turn them around. Just avoiding the drop might be an achievement in itself…

1 Like

Seen some of the NFL players celebrating touchdowns? Out for a year sometimes

Spurs played well, just didnt take their chances. No need for them to panic at all

Kane does always seem to start the season slow, not sure why

1 Like

Never get tired of watching the Arron Mooy goal, great strike. Got a team to follow now, go Terriers!

3 Likes

You can see why Man City signed him but I can easily see him getting a move to a Swansea/West Ham/Newcastle/West Brom/Bournemouth/Palace/Stoke etc depending on who goes down.

He is easily PL quality.

He’s never going to get a game ahead of KDB or Silva. City signing him was just a money making move, the fee they got back for Mooy is more than the City Group spent to buy Melbourne City FC! Another loss for West Ham, shipped 7 goals in the opening 2 games. They have a League Cup tie v Cheltenham (League Two) plus an already massive League fixture at St James Park again Newcastle. The loser of that is in a big, big hole already.

2 Likes

I agree but I seem to remember there was major local opposition to us building a stadium with a capacity over 60k. Probably same for Spurs.

what wankers.

Rooney gives Everton the lead and now Walker sent off in his home debut, City down to 10

Two very poor reds in this one.