EPL 2017/18 Thread

Tough to start with 3 on the road but can’t believe he kept his job after last season

Neither can I.

Tough start first two weeks v Man U and Southampton, but not Newcastle. They’ve looked completely impotent yet we still shipped 3.

Fk him off before its too late.

Nottingham forest 0 Leeds United 2 MOT

Looking forward to joining this thread next season :wink:

Last season we would of drawn that game. 9 points from 3 games I’m very happy with that

1 Like

Absolutely killed arsenal that half to be 2-0 up - hopefully it continues in 2nd half.

1 Like

4-0 for the Redmen. Come on Phil la, just come back and lay them on a platter for Bobby, Mo, Sadio and Dan OK? Tore them to shreds!

3 Likes

Spurs hoodoo at Wembley continues. Burnley snatched a equaliser at the death

Normally the international break kills our early season momentum, maybe it can help us this time around. I stopped listening at half time I had a feeling we were about to concede seconds before the first.

Just shows what a joke of a decision it was to keep Wenger. The guy is done, finished, a dinosaur. Modern football has passed him by. What’s he doing? Bought a £50 Million striker and starts him on the bench in favour of a bloke who couldn’t finish his breakfast. Signs a left-back, yet decides to play a right-back in his place and plays a left back in central defence. Absolutely shambolic.

Here, here!

I for one, am thankful that they kept him around though :joy:

2 Likes

Really loving playing our home games at Wembley.

2 Likes

Forget the new stadium?

New stadium will be great but pretty obvious we are struggling at Wembley.
By the time we play our first game in the the new stadium we might not have have that high a quality of team as we do now.

Loverpool! What a win.

Arsenal in for a tough season if they don’t fix their formation though. Lacazette rested? Three at the back with no proper coverage for the counter.

Liverpool are interesting now. We bring in Phil and we sacrifice the front three of Bob, Mane and Mo that are hard to match up and deal with. If you play him right behind them then you leave the defense vulnerable and play Hendo and Can behind him.

Having the likes of Sturridge, Origi, Lallana on the bench as attacking options is pretty damn good.

If we can shore up the defensive 4 though we become a very hard to team to defend against.

Our best 11 (without Phil) is good enough to win the league, but we are an injury of two away from being right behind it.
Reckon we need another central mid and then we are good to go even if Phil stays.

2 Likes

haven’t watched any of the highlights of the Liverpool-Arsenal Game. What was the reason given why Lacazette didn’t start? Was he under an injury cloud?

Wenger should of left after last season. They won a trophy (fa cup i think), he shouldn’t of gone out on a high and with his head held high. Would of left one last great memory for the fans. If they keep on dropping points- even the most staunch fans will turn on him big time.

In the end, i think it was his ego that made him want to stay, he seems obsessed with doing things his way/his style of play and wants to prove everyone how he is right. All he is doing is killing his reputation as each season passes

1 Like

He’s senile? ■■■■ anyone with half a brain knows that we are dodgy at the back, so you leave your £50 Million man on the bench? I’d have half got it if the started Giroud up top and had the little and large partnership with Alexis and also got some crosses in from wide to test out our defending at set pieces. Karius was in goal, he is hardly convincing but it doesn’t matter a jot if you don’t register a shot on goal all game.

Also, Arsenal stuck with 3 at the back and played a high defensive line. Again, we have Mane and Salah, 2 speed merchants running at a back 3. Poor Rob Holding was on a hiding to nothing with Super Sadio running at him. Just so naive tactically.

2 Likes

Wenger is a wannabe SAF.

Is a tight ■■■ with his money, except he doesn’t have the amazing ability to get the perfect blend of squad harmony mixed with tactical nous to challenge consistently like SAF did.

Wenger should have left a long time ago and I’m pretty sure that it is going to stand out like a pair of dogs balls this year unfortunately for Arsenal fans.

'Twas awesome to see them put the Gunners to the sword. Still reckon they need a centre back (Lovren makes me nervous) and a defensive mid (with the departure of Lucas).

1 Like

I don’t know about Lacazette. Just dropped I think.

Arsene just wants too much. He won’t be goig gracefully this way.

Neither Lucas nor Dejan were good enough. We’re okay in the midfield with Can in form, might need one more for depth. Struggling with his form is Dejan. Need Van Dijik

2 Likes