EPL 2017/18 Thread

Agreed. Trust the Saints play ball and we can bring Virgil in. Lovren is a liability.

Pretty horrid stat for Arsenal is that since the 2013 season they have played the top 6 sides 21 times away winning only 2 games and collecting 13 points. They’ve conceded 3 goals or more 8 times in a total of 57 goals. That is not a record for a serious title challenger.

1 Like

their owners don’t care. can’t bring players in if you always reach 4th get that champions league money and rake it in.

Just like the Glazers until you stop making the CL and no good players want to come to you and you start pushing ■■■■■ up a hill to try and get back to where you were even though it could have been easily avoided.

The arsenal owners were fortunate that they were building a stadium and paying it off so they haven’t copped the anger of the fan until recently, but they truly just dgaf. it makes them money.

Arsenal are selling AO-C to Chelsea and Liverpool look to have signed Keira from RB Leipzig with the condition being that he stays on loan at RB until the end of this season and then moves to Liverpool afterwards.

What. Is. Arsenal. Doing?

Surprised anyone got a player out of RB Leipzig.

The release clause helped. They were going to lose him anyway.

Was pretty canny stuff from LFC, something you don’t normally say about our transfer dealings! Clearly RBL were not going to sell him for the here and now, but we activated the 48 Mill release clause and added a 7 Mil premium for a 55 Mil fee overall. He stays with RBL for this season and joins with LFC July 1 2018. Everyone happy! I wouldn’t mind the Ox with us, he is the type of player Klopp could work with nicely. At Chelsea I think he will play RWB along with Moses, very versatile.

1 Like

Red bulls pumped so much money into their teams that they hardly need to be a feeder for other clubs. You want their players you pay full price. Rather canny

We were actually putting in higher bids to get him now about 3 weeks ago. So they’ll take a slight hit on the fee to keep him another season, and given it is their inaugural season of CL football, fair enough too. Looks like we’ve put in a bid for Lemar of Monaco. I’d be very surprised if they sold him given they have already sold Mbappe and a few others as well…

1 Like

Yeah, my point is more Redbull rather success than money making from their teams.

I hope Klopp just plays our 2nds side in the League Cup. Maybe go with a stronger side in the FA cup but needs to save the squad for the Premier league and Champions League.

Also need that other CB and we’re good. Maybe another attacking option if we lose Philp and Origi leaves.

2 Likes

Very interesting situation, rejected a move to Chelsea and wants to go to Liverpool. I don’t know if Arsenal will sell to us. Apparently our offer is around the 35 Million mark as opposed to Chelsea’s 40 Mil. Given he can walk free at the end of the season do Arsenal cash in now? They obviously wanted to having accepted the Chelsea bid, but the goalposts may have shifted. I can see this one going right down to the wire and probably would be our last piece of business with deals for VVD and Lemar being more of a priority.

He was a Pool fan so I am a little surprised that he turned the chavs down because I did not think there was too much romance left in player signings. Good to see that he turned down the extra money (presumably) for the chance to join his boyhood club even if it costs us a bit of money. Maybe if you guys get him you won’t need Lemar.

Originally I wanted to keep Ox as much as “Dirty Sanchez” or Ozil, perhaps a little more. Now I just want to cash in on them all and hopefully get some replacements. Unfortunately the time is running down, but surely the club has been planning for the scenario that we may just sell them and need to get targets quick smart.

Sure we talked up that Dirty and Ozil were staying the season whether they renewed their contracts or not but shouldn’t there have been some behind the scenes planning on the very real probability that the players would be sold at the right price.

If we get Lemar and the Ox we will be Top 4 favourites, if we get VVD then we become Top 2 favourites. And this is all without Continhio. Great times!

1 Like

Ox agreed personal terms and passed a medical. Will be announced as a Liverpool player tomorrow U.K. time, £35 Million fee. I don’t mind this at all.

1 Like

Danny Drinkwater is also a ÂŁ35 million midfielder. This transfer window has been ridiculous.

3 Likes

Thank goodness Rooney is no longer our problem. The guy really is dumb as a post

Premier League is going to shut the transfer window for buying players 2 days before the season starts next season. Can still sell players though.