EPL 2017/18 Thread

Lol

De Gea would have done little with that first goal.

Struck it perfectly.

5 goals in 18 minutes, both sides have forgotten how to defend

Should have put money on a score draw! Two points dropped after dominating the first half.

In fairness we have rarely defended well in the last 12 or so years!

Pathetic defending again. Dominate the game and waste chance after chance and then give up a soft equaliser in the 95th minute

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more.

Smalling, Jones and Lindelöf should all be shot.

They were pathetic all night.

Saw that United were 2-1 up with 20 to go. Given Leicester were down to 10 men I thought it was all over.

City might as well be handed the league now. Amazing to have 55 from 57 points and to be 13 points clear.

1 Like

Also with a massive goal difference. The title is already theirs, which I think is fair to say given how they’ve beaten all contenders.

2 Likes

City are just too damn good this year.its just a question of how many points the win the title by.

We just aren’t clinical enough, we miss chance after chance up front and we are too fragile down back( apart from De Gea of course)

Relegation battle is going to be really interesting

1 Like

First EPL game l have seen in more than a decade, and l loved it. Liverpool was the dominant team in the first half but didn’t get the reward for their efforts. Someone flicked a switch at half-time and Arsenal just exploded. Credit to both teams to turning on a cracker of a game.

2 Likes

Woeful defending early on again and deservedly went in 2-0 down at the break. Absolute barrage in the second half with the shots being 14-0 but still couldn’t equalise until the death

Comfortable 5-0 for the Reds against Swansea at Anfield. Firmino brace, Phil, Trent and Ox also finding the back of the net. Total domination in the 2nd half.

2 Likes

West Ham ripped off at Bournemouth. Late equaliser called offside, but then overruled. Was also scored off the arm!
In the SBS highlights, they said that Wilson (the offside hand-baller) was judged not to have touched it so the goal stood, but then why is Wilson listed as the official goal scorer??

2 Likes

I heard he has set some record for goals in this calendar year, do you know what it is, exactly?

Most Premier League goals in a calendar year (39). I think the record was 22 years old.

1 Like

Don’t remind me, it’s always something with this club, either the cheating refs or a complete cluster fk from one of our players that blows us 3 points.

Whole playing list bar Arnie needs to be turfed out in Jan

The offers will start rolling in for Kane. Spurs will have a battle to keep him.

1 Like

Especially if he is being paid serious unders, relative to other players of his calibre. Apparently Spurs have a very tight wage structure so if a club like Chelsea, Real Madrid come in for him and offer double or treble the wages, that would turn his head. Same with Dele Ali.

1 Like

Messi gonna ■■■■ everyone and get 6 goals.