EPL 2017/18 Thread

Not off side

1 Like

Spurs should have finished this a long time ago

Lacazette = Arsenaled

Arsenal just sat back for the majority of the game. If you continually allow a team to come forward uncontested and have multiple entries into the box, is it any ■■■■■■ wonder that they finally score. ■■■■ weak performance by the players and an even worse performance by the coach.

Man that was stressful.
Should have buried them with the amount of chances we had early 2nd half.
Thought it was going to bite us on the ■■■■ and nearly did.
Sweetest win of the season.

COYS!

1 Like

Too good, Spurs! I went in to the match somewhat confident.

Almost a direct opposite of the last NLD. We looked great and could have had more goals, Spurs had little to offer and looked inept. This time around we barely seemed to care. Looked almost impotent despite all the money we have spent with purchases and re-signings playing in that attacking third of the ground. Would like to see Laca and PEA start together with Ozil and Mkhty firing the bullets.

Should have been at least 2 or 3 down were lucky there. I actually thought Cech needed a spell before the game, probably gave us a chance late by keeping it only 1-0 down.

Couple of things. Trippier and Dier are freaking donkeys and I don’t see why Lamela commanded such a high transfer fee. Every time I have seen him play he has left me totally underwhelmed. He is an angry, idiotic, overpriced potato.

As inept as we looked going forward, I still thought literally seconds before Lacazette ran on to that pass and tricked Sanches and the other guy that we could still nick a point. I really did.

Maybe Arsenal are Essington of a few years back in disguise, we don’t seem to play well outside in the elements?

What a difference a week makes.

Huge loss for us and there will be some serious repercussions I suspect.

3 Likes

I don’t understand why it took until the last few minutes for it to occur to them to try and score a goal.

I know this might be hard to believe for Arsenal fans. Maybe, just maybe, Spurs are a ■■■■■■ good team.

1 Like

Not surprised. The biggest club in North London beat Arsenal.

3 Likes

Now I have heard it all :smile:

2 Likes

LOL

1 Like

Watching the highlights for your mob, I tell you what, farking Arnautovic is a beast when he isn’t chucking tanties.

They do have the record for largest premier league attendance now!

1 Like

Getting some real good crowds there which is why I’m surprised they are not making their new home bigger.

Someone described him as Zlatan Lite and I agree, he ticks all boxes you want from a forward when he’s up for it.

Not sure what Moyes did to him but since he became manager Arnie has become our most consistent and influential player.

If he keeps up this consistency we’ll be hard pressed to keep him, he’s bossing oppositions back lines for fun.

Suits west ham to a T, loveable rogue.

2 Likes

I know we wanted to have a larger stadium but were not allowed to by the local council. If I am not mistaken I think Spurs were getting lower crowds at Wembley when they were not playing big rivals such as us, the chavs and you guys ie when they were not winning. I guess the test is if they can get 80k+ when Dynamo Kiev visit in the UCL then they are probably in need of that much capacity. We did when we sucked at the venue prior to the redevelopment.

There were some rumours that the Emirates capacity could be increased should there be deemed a need for it based on attendance and other such things, something along the lines of capacity of approx 60k was granted but there could be some contingency for the capacity to be increased subject to council approval and a few other factors. Not sure if this is true, would be good if it is.

Agree! Needed to score one more and put it to bed but ■■■■ almost pinched a point.Spurs seemed to turn off in the back half.

Pitiful display so far.

Martial needs to be shot for that miss and Lingard has reverted back to being Jesse Lingard.

Going back to the “pass it backwards at all costs and anyone in front of the ball, stay still and offer nothing” game style that we championed for the past 3 years.

We have no structure going forward. It’s super frustrating just hoping for individual brilliance going forward every time.

Pathetic.

Smalling, Jones and Young can all fark off.

How they are in the Prem let alone playing for the biggest club in England is beyond me.

Disgrace.