EPL 2017/18 Thread

we are all west ham

1 Like

If we can beat Stoke this week I think we’re probably safe, might need a draw aswell.

Both of Pogba’s goals were superb, but Young’s tackle on Aguero was appalling. Should’ve been a straight red and a penalty, yet was waved play on.

I like how young demanded the rest of the team show some pride at half time.

Interesting to see Harry Kane and Spurs are appealing the awarding of a goal to Eriksen on the weekend. He has sworn on his daughter’s life that he touched it. Kane is currently 5 behind Salah in the Golden Boot with 6 games to play - one more than Salah.

Could have sworn it was a team game!

3 Likes

How petty and pathetic

2 Likes

You seen the replays where nothing happens to the ball?

1 Like

Mate - we are trying to win something this year.

Lost a lot of respect for Kane. Firstly he didn’t touch it, secondly he’s taken a goal off his own teammate for his own personal gain.

Harry ‘jeremy howe’ kane

6 Likes

I thought it hit his hair…didn’t deflect it, but he would have felt it.

FFS it is a game we needed to win to stay in Champions League next year. Does it matter who scores so long as they stay where they are or move ahead of Libpool or Manup. It rivals Conor McKenna’s nip except it is executed against the same team. Mind blowing!

Even with this token goal awarding Kane is still a long way behind Salah. Does he honestly believe he can catch him? Even if he does catch him won’t it always have an asterisk due to this decision? Seems a really strange thought process.

Is Kane asking for the goal to be his or or it spurs that are asking for it?

Kane asked for it.

1 Like

That’s really weird. He doesn’t seem like the egotistical type. Guys like Ronaldo and Ibra, I could easily see them doing that. Kane, not so much

I wonder if he gets some massive bonus if he wins the golden boot. Wonder how Erickson feels about it

Here are some quotes:

Kane insisted that he did get a touch on the ball and claimed he would fight for it to be awarded to him.

Eriksen also claimed that he believed Kane that he got a touch.

Kane insisted: “I swear on my daughter’s life that I touched the ball, but there’s nothing I can do.

“If they can turn it around, they can turn it around. If they take my word, they take my word. The most important thing is that we won the game.”

Based on these comments I figure there must be some sort of financial reward on the line.

1 Like

Not as bad as when Drogba was arguing with Lampard about taking the penalty in the last game of the season, when him and Rooney were competing for the golden boot for the 2009/2010 season.

2 Likes

doesn’t drogba have one of the worst penalty conversion rates too? while lampard has only missed like 2 in his whole career while being the main man for chelsea?

Probably a bonus for reaching a target

2 Likes