EPL 2022/23

Yep, Fulham and supposedly Nottingham chasing him. Cooper was Liverpool’s academy coach for a while so that might help.

Raphinha and Jesus to the carpet :drooling_face: hope Arsenal can lock those two away.

Might have to start giving Edu more credit

2 Likes

Hammers confirm 1st signing!!! Nayef Aguerd, a 26yo central defender. Morrocan international been plying his trade for Rennes in France. 30 million quid.
Hope he’s worth that much, seems a lot of money.

1 Like

Out of interest is that close to the hammers record signing?

Sebastian Haller a couple of seasons ago. 45 mill.
Flopped in the premier but went ok this season for Ajax,

Was he loaned to Ajax? Or sold? For a fee that big you’d hope he’s given time to adjust after a disappointing first season.

If Raphinha had to go to any club in the EPL, the gunners are the least offensive. They’ll play the asking price and not nickel and dime us. But I reckon Barca will panic and miraculously find the money needed to buy him.

1 Like

Sold. Lost about 15 mill. But thats the premier league. Monopoly money.

1 Like

That’s the worry is the Barca pull.

Hope we make an offer too good to refuse before they get their De Jong money.

The arrogance of broke Barca wanting top dollar for DeJong (a player that doesn’t want to leave) yet want to pay Leeds way under the value for a player they have already offered a contract to in Jan. I hope Arsenal come in for him but I would want min 65 for him and a 15% sell on. Raphinha will get to Barca eventually and the sell on clause may make up his true value for leeds.

Hmm, does that mean Pepe is gone? Otherwise seems an overload of right wingers.

Arsenal should really chase Phillips as well.

1 Like

Not 100 percent confirmed, but it seems Forest first signing is Taiwo Awoniyi, centre forward/striker at Union Berlin, was on Liverpool’s roster for five years but always out on loan. 17.5 million pounds. Yes, that’ll be a club transfer record, lol.

1 Like

As a Leeds fan, am going to hate losing Raphina. But it would soften the blow if he stays in the premier league and out of Manchester and Merseyside.

2 Likes

Man U goalkeeper ,Dean Henderson ,officially loaned to Forest for the season. Well, not announced by the club yet, but everyone reporting a done deal and awaiting his return from his honeymoon. Interesting signing. Samba definitely won’t be there now.

Edit: Awoniyi now official. So that’d be both ends of the pitch covered with two signings. Going to badly need a central mid and a left wing back of PL ability too. Spence is still not definitely going to Spurs but it looks like we’re no real chance to get him so we probably need a RWB as well.

Bale gone to LA in the MLS.

Gabriel Jesus to Arsenal done.

Palace have signed Ebiowei (Derby). That kid can play, and Derby are dropping to League 1 so not surprised they’ve sold him.

Man City have agreed a deal for Phillips.

Chelsea chasing Raheem Stirling hard.

Forest still want Gibbs-White (Wolves) (hope this happens, though the price seems a bit stee p) and Neco Williams (Liverpool) which would fit some needs.

Wasted talent, Bale. Must have lost at least 3 seasons worth of games just happy raking in the cash and playing golf.

2 Likes

At least he’s got Wales in the WC for one big last hurrah, and can keep his match fitness up now rather than warming the bench for Real.

Absolute ■■■■■■■ disgrace. Pure greed. How can they justify an increase from $14.99 to $24.99. Pure greed. I’ve cancelled my account, I’ll find my EPL “elsewhere”.

1 Like

people will pay, thats all

I’m hoping if enough people cancel, they may review their prices. Naive I’m sure but I have till september where my current subscription runs out and I hope they see some sense to the pricing by them if the see a massive drop off.

Other option is the Peacock streaming service (US). Listening to american commentary put me off originally.

Otherwise @barnz you’re right…I’ll have to swallow my pride and pay up.