EPL 2022/23

5 Likes

Chelsea inb4 Edu can close a deal. Chelsea’s scouting setup seems to be outbidding whoever Arsenal rate haha

Australian take on EPL mid season review. Had to stop reading when I saw Odegaard was overlooked as Arsenal’s “MVP”. Bloke has been arguably the best player in the league to date. Saka has been good and I love him but cmon.

That fat ■■■■ who kept running on the pitch during sports games (jarvo 69) who stopped being funny the first time he did something stupid hid a mobile on the tv set

2 Likes

Pretty reasonable assessment of Forest, though they don’t mention a continually mounting injury toll that could badly undermine our position. Our MVP (Gibbs-White) is probably correct, but Henderson has saved our backsides a heck of a lot.

Speaking of which, Henderson now out for four or five games ( though he couldn’t play the Cup tie against Man U anyway) just to further compound the problem. It’ll be interesting to see if the setup changes to protect Hennessy a bit more, I hope not , I’d like to see us staying positive whoever the opposition is. Against the likes of Arsenal and Man U, we looked overwhelmed and tentative from minute 1. Need the belief to keep growing.

1 Like

There are a few “talismans” of teams in the bottom half who could be targeted at the end of the season, and where they go could be really interesting to watch. Zaha is out of contract, Ward-Prowse must get some attention, Madison and Tielemans probably look to move, and of course Rice is already being talked about.

Some of those may go to top 6 clubs, some may not, but it will be fascinating to watch. Zaha especially; on his best day he could play for a top 4 club but its more likely he’ll end up somewhere else. But I can’t really see him wanting to leave London.

Add to that the relegation teams, where it feels like everybody (except Bournemouth) in the relegation battle has some quality that others might like to poach, and next summer’s transfer season could be one to watch for the impacts on the bottom sides.

United have dominated and Palace have offered little until late in the first half when Dave pulled off a cracking save. A minute later Fernandes scores the opener and it’s 1-0 at HT

2 Likes

Presumably Forest have become the Essendon of the transfer market - any player even remotely rumoured to be possibly moving , Forest gets thrown in as a link.

Keylor Navas!!? Surely not!? It’d suggest that Hendo injury is a bit longer than a few weeks though.

These are the games we’d get smashed in, and at best get a draw.

Keeping clean sheets and scoring. It works wonders.

Olise with a worldie

1-1

1 Like

That’s the United I’m used to.
Weak as ■■■■

Really poor foul from Shaw

Didn’t realise Casemiro was booked either, means he’s out of the Arsenal game at the weekend. Turned into quite a disappointing night for United.

West Ham have taken Danny Ings from Villa. Interesting move from both clubs viewpoint.

1 Like

Was always going to happen when they were still celebrating the City win a few hours before the Palace game.

Haven’t seen a team or supporter base get so ahead of themselves since (name any Essendon “good win” over the last 15 years).

1 Like

Was different this time I felt. We actually played pretty well but couldn’t find the second goal to kill them off. Normally after a win like that against City we look rugged and out of sorts the following game.

1 Like

It was a very disappointing momentum killer before the Arsenal game where all cylinders are going to need to be firing.

No Casemiro and 2 valuable points dropped.

rashford had a mare of a decision trying to get a shot on late.

Twice he had options outside of him and failed to do the team thing.

That being said, Casemiro misses an open net in a chance that seemed fairly straight forward.

Trossard to Arsenal deal agreed.

Not a bad result for both clubs. Brighton get rid of someone who the coach had issues with and Arsenal get a backup for the entire front line.

1 Like