EPL 2022/23

Bit simplistic…odds for an away draw vary from opponent to opponent, but surely the odds for a standard away draw aren’t 50%. Home win would be closer to 50%.

I think you misinterpreted my away draw.

You are either drawn out to play at home or away so it’s a 50% chance.

Leeds have been drawn to play away 12 FA Cup matches in a row.

1 Like

Isn’t he referring to the FA Cup and whether they draw an away or home game?

Ah! Yep…misunderstood.

Can’t be good because they haven’t won the FA cup in donkeys. :grinning:

Hammers through. Underperforming premier players raised their game against a div 1 side.
Begs the question, raised their game or found their level? Next 3 premier games might tell.

This season is the first time we have got past the 3rd round in years.

Sean Dyche taking over at Everton. No nonsense type who won’t put up with passengers. Ran the players ragged at his first session, even had a laugh at some of them as they showed the strain. Sounds vaguely familiar.

1 Like

Forest sign Shelvey (Newcastle) today. Don’t quite understand this one , with Danilo onboard plus Yates, Scarpa, Frueler, Colback, Mangala and Kouyatë I thought we’d be ok for defensive mids. I don’t know a lot about him though.

Felipë (Atletico) I do like though. With Niakhatë’s seemingly never ending injury we’re desperate for another centre back. Add him to a burgeoning Brazilian contingent at the City Ground too.

Massive turnover of players continues. Much of it driven by injuries though. But we’re certainly going hard to get enough depth to survive in the PL and I can’t fault that. Things change if you can get a 2nd season of PL money.

1 Like

Leicester City agree a £15 Million fee with Stoke City for the transfer of Aussie centre-back Harry Souttar.

12 Likes

Romano saying Jorginho to Arsenal done.

Keylor Navas apparently coming in on loan…

16 months ago this club looked certain to be relegated from the Championship.

Gone waaaaay past being monopoly money being thrown around.

2 Likes

Fees are fkn mental. Killing other comps

1 Like

I’m loving this signing. Bit of mongrel and some height is a bonus.

BREAKING

Bertrand Traore back at Villa from his loan spell in Turkey on a pair of crutches. Huge news.

This day reminds me of the last few hours of trade period, only less staged but beefed up by Sky. Oh for the days of ‘arry in the Land Rover.

3 Likes

Felipë officially to Nottingham. Hard to argue that a tough, good quality CB wasn’t needed.

Navas supposedly also done as a loan, and Shelvey did an on-ground farewell to Newcastle fans so it seems he’s done too.

Getting Angelo Gabriel out of Santos probably can’t happen now, clock is running out.

Meanwhile, as I sit here pondering our chances of avoiding relegation, apparently there’s an article suggesting we think we can push for Champions League qualification. Lmfao.

Chelsea get Enzo Fernandez from Benfica it seems. Another 100m ish player.

Todd Bohley has spent a fortune this window. Lots of it on unproven talent on massive long term contracts to comply with FFP.

Bold strategy Cotton, let’s see if it pays off. (Hope not)

7 Likes

Did they offload any homegrown talent in the end, to bring some cash in?

EPL survival the only thing we need to focus on this season. Since we are only 4 points above the drop zone hardly safe yet
I do like the recent signings that point to Forest doing everything we can to stay up

2 Likes