EPL 2023/24

JWP, Slabhead, McTominay and Lingard, Moyes going for a full Brexit XI!

3 Likes

No way we finish top 4 if we play like that.

Wolves were superior in every position on the pitch.

If you are a keeper, and you are sort of going for the ball, are you able to just clatter into anyone that you want to?

Slabhead deal still not over the line and may not happen.

So Brighton just pocketed a miserly 115 million pounds for Caicedo.

The FFP rules are completely meaningless for the top clubs. Chelsea - who’ve now broken the UK transfer record two years running - have reportedly spent a billion dollars on transfers since Abramovich was removed. This league is so far from sustainable that it’s ludicrous, lol. And it’s not really a sporting competition in an overall sense, three quarters of the clubs just wheel and deal to stay financially alive, there’s no real intent or belief to actually win the League.

8 Likes

It is great seeing Brighton absolutely fleece these top clubs though, especially when it’s Chelsea paying up

2 Likes

Best in the business Brighton in terms of recruitment, development and transfers. Would love their backroom staff at Leeds.

1 Like

Yeah I very much doubt this happens now we have Alvarez who can slot back in there.

I’d much rather run with Aguerd and Zouma with support from Ogbonna anyways. Kehrer is decent too.

Oh 100% it was a horrendous performance. Not disagreeing with that in the slightest. If they played anyone else semi compotent in the scoring goals department, they would of lost that 3-4 nil minimum. My point was that it was no surprise to see United play that bad in the opening game of the season. Always come out of the block really slow and takes a few games to get going. Picking up wins in the first month will be a bonus. The good form will come.

Cunha looked like prime Kaka today against United

If Liverpool don’t strengthen the midfield I don’t think they’re a chance of finishing top 4.

They will easily finish top 4 IMO.
City will win by double digits and then Arsenal and Liverpool to fight for runners up.
United will finish top 6 and we are trash so Liverpool should easily finish top 4

Wolves always give us grief

They have two top midfielders. Then very little.

City, Arsenal and Newcastle are miles ahead, and Brighton and Villa about the same in midfield.

Liverpool have enough quality elsewhere on the pitch to compensate though. Villa and Brighton aren’t finishing ahead of Liverpool and I very much doubt Newcastle will either

The officials from the United game have been dropped for this weekend

1 Like

Fair enough too. Truly is inexcusable that even with VAR, such a blatant foul by Onana could be missed

1 Like

I agree they have quality elsewhere, but we saw how they went last year with a weak midfield. I think it’s weaker this season, or at least much shallower. One injury and they’re truly farked.

1 Like

Apparently it was over multiple calls and the FA rightly said they got that one wrong and also missed a pen to United that was incorrectly not given for handball

1 Like

I must’ve missed that. It’s funny, I’ve always felt that VAR has done wonders in Serie A, yet the application of it in the EPL is so poor by comparison