Ess v Melb Round 2 game Sat 2.10pm April 2nd - NOT TO MISS

It’s a delicate matter, but if it’s about showing our unequivocal support to the 34 and if it announces the fact that the 12 still with the club will have their contracts extended a year (which Woosha showed support for when he indicated he wanted all 12 back playing at the club next year), then I can’t think of anything I would like to support more.

This will require sorting things out with the players to the extent they would sign these contract extensions before this game, and then it can truly be a celebration of these players and an apology from the club.

We should all be wearing guernseys with the numbers of those players suspended.

A statement that no one outside of us cares about?

That’s ok.
Something to feel good about is a great idea.
I just hope it’s a bit more than 50 people from the internet waving banners and shouting a bit.
If the numbers are small it makes us look rather silly.
But I wish them all the best and hope they can pull it off.

I’d rather more fan events at Tulla to be honest, watch the boys train, sausage sizzle, fan interactions that sort of stuff, who cares about the afl and the media and other fans, make messages insular.

Having it start at Fed Square and going to a game at the G would create the possibility (I don’t know about the probability) of the involvement of our 12 and perhaps the other 17 who are no longer playing for the AFL. I would love them to be together in the stands and put up on the big screen so we could give them an almighty cheer.

I'm going to wear a g-string with my left butt cheek painted red, and right one red. My sign will say "Not gay, but damn proud!"

Two red cheeks eh?
So it’s not just the club, and the players. You want to claim a spanking too.

Whole crowd should just moon for two hours. Put that on tv afl you c s
Hamish mclachlan you dog.

I am in scooter. And I will bring another half dozen bomber mates. Well done!

I’m gonna have to find a bar in Tokyo somewhere with aussie TV. Fingers crossed :confused:

Google Tokyo goonas. Watched a gf with them about five years ago. They are good value.

http://www.tokyogoannas.com/

Goannas eh. It’s a Foxtel game so hopefully I can find an interweb feed.

Nah go to their pub hambo. They are good fun

Google Tokyo goonas. Watched a gf with them about five years ago. They are good value.

There is an Irish pub in shibuya called hobgoblin that shows afl. Or did when I lived there.

What happened to that big number 3 jumper that covered a whole bay? Can we get it back out and add a 4 to it?

Is it 2013 again?

The suspended players numbers should be on every banner this year as a border. Gone but not forgotten.

What happened to that big number 3 jumper that covered a whole bay? Can we get it back out and add a 4 to it?

Jake Long will be very touched.

Well I just got an email from past players association…and they are onboard for the March and think it’s important we get this club going again. By the way they are actively working on programs with helping the 34 this next 12 months and in no way is this ignoring those boys at all.

But we only have two choices. Start to learn from mistakes and build up a club with enormous history and pride to a standard it should be or remain angry and let the club fall to the side and become Richmond. As for me I choose to work at supporting the 34, building my club again so I can ■■■■■■ enjoy footy on a Saturday afternoon again cheering the Red Sash.

First Saturday game for the year, first home game for the year. Bugger all Friday and Saturday games. I’ll be there and I’ll be drunk woo

so I can ■■■■■■ enjoy footy on a Saturday afternoon again cheering the Red Sash.

He can’t make it…got a lunch on with Hirdy and Sheeds :wink:

First Saturday game for the year, first home game for the year. Bugger all Friday and Saturday games. I'll be there and I'll be drunk woo

Possibly the most exciting post of the year.

Well I just got an email from past players association...and they are onboard for the March and think it's important we get this club going again. By the way they are actively working on programs with helping the 34 this next 12 months and in no way is this ignoring those boys at all.

But we only have two choices. Start to learn from mistakes and build up a club with enormous history and pride to a standard it should be or remain angry and let the club fall to the side and become Richmond. As for me I choose to work at supporting the 34, building my club again so I can ■■■■■■ enjoy footy on a Saturday afternoon again cheering the Red Sash.

Ohh ok, I was thinking a full ground flash card display filled with gratuitous obscenities for the “statement” but whatever, I’m in!