Essendon bar in Melbourne?

Spoke to them earlier, it’s not free 1st drink & nibbles this week, that was a special thing for Anzac Day, … but, … they are putting on free drinks for half an hour for Essendon supporters on Saturday, .(cue the lol’s),… if we win …

Also, EFC folk can buy slabs of their product for $50 instead of the usual $70, … and they have food trucks that rock up on a rotating basis, … this Sat is “Jim Browns” … if that means anything to anyone??

1 Like

My biggest issue with it is they will now ruin a perfectly good craft beer pub by flooding it with VB swilling footy nuffies…*

*Nothing wrong with VB.

1 Like

Jim Brown’s is my cousin’s food truck. It’s greek food and very very good, highly recommended!

5 Likes

What is the pub’s proper name please? That nick name doesn’t mean anything to me I’m from interstate? Thanks.

Colonial Brewing Co

Edit - sorry i see you meant another pub

THE VIC

1 Like

U-Bar on Spencer Street towards Flinders. Backpackers hostel. Cheap beer. Loads of fun. Some fights. Do it

1 Like

Is that the one next door to 7/11?

I reckon I’ve walked past it for 17 years since Etihad opened but never gone in.

1 Like

With the ressies on at Windy Hill tomorrow why not just stick around and watch it there?

2 Likes

That’s the one. Epic little establishment

Turf bar is it guys. Get there against the swannies. Good Essendon crowd of regulars.

I’ll be at Colonial. The beer is too good and if we win they’re opening the bar for members for 30min.

While I’m there I’ll probably grab a carton for $50. (ridiculously generous on what is usually ~$80)

I am assuming they have a decent size/quality screen at CBC?

I am not seeing any screen in these photos.

https://www.zomato.com/photos/pv-res-18366578-u_cwOTMyNTA5MjIz

I’ve not been yet but it’s described as a “big screen” on the club digital channels (Friday Footy Preview).
They’ve got food trucks on rotation as well. Tomorrow is fried chicken or Vietnamese hawker style food.

Being that they’re an official partner and the club directs it’s supporters there for these interstate games I’m gonna assume they’ll have a legit screen available and not some poxy 15y/o 42inch SD Kogan panel. But you know what they say about assumption… I may be an ■■■■ come Friday night.

In reality though, I’m going purely for the beer as it is exceptional and I’m a bit of a beer nerd.

For those in the bayside area, for the GWS game I went to a sports bar called the Dingley International. Its near the Moorabbin Airport. About 15 bomber supporters there. A very large screen, sound turned up, couches, leather chairs tables etc.
More genteel than the grog squad though.

haha
Be sure to check the cars for kids though…

from the photos I’ve seen they do have an seem to have an AV setup with a pretty decent size screen. Hopefully the pics aren’t misleading…

is that you Kingy? It’s been a while, perhaps we can get in 18 at Royal Moorabbin before hand.

• Royal Moorabbin hasn’t been there for 15 years and was always worse than the Royal and Ancient Spring Park anyway.
  • surely the Dingley International is rubbish?
  • I know you’re not Kingy, but this just till me back many years

Actually, I am not a paedophile.

you might’ve misinterpreted me… I’d more concerned about the kids that mum or dad had locked in the car while they pump a couple of hundred into the pokies…

That joint is a cesspit.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/south-east/fine-for-pokies-breaches/news-story/2e5e299ecb7c2f4f081bedfdbc53f135

apologies for any confusion, certainly not suggesting you’re a paedo…