Essendon bar in Melbourne?

THE ROYAL

2 Likes

Might find oneself a little distracted from the action on the screenā€¦

and catch hepatitisā€¦

The venue is great and their beers are ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  good. Iā€™ve definitely thought about going back to watch footy after buying a slab after a haircut at Uncle Roccoā€™s.

edit: Uhh, bl.oody is a naughty word apparently.

1 Like

TURF BAR!

That joint looks so cold and soulless when you look at the inside.

Iā€™m sure itā€™s as cool and trendy as fark, but by christ it holds zero appeal to me.
Looks like a freaking warehouse.

1 Like

Itā€™s a breweryā€¦

They have a HD projector that would be showing it on the wall there.

2 Likes

Yeah I get that itā€™s not for everyone. Like I said, I love their beer and to be perfectly honest Iā€™d rather shoot myself in the head than watch another 4:40 game at stinking pokies dive like the Lincā€¦*

*no offence intended to anyone who enjoys the Linc or similar venues, simply my opinion.

2 Likes

and a damn fine brewery at that!

1 Like

For anyone that is in/around the inner north, will be at the terminus with a few bombers. good food better beer

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile:

Theres a Sports Bar net to the DI Pokey venue, Pokey venues are all pretty low life imho, but the DI Sports bar is not too bad and they do serve plated meals,

Agreed, itā€™s a brewery, not a warm and toasty country pub. Although I do enjoy both settings.

1 Like

I dare say iā€™ll be banished to the Union in Ascot Vale.
Gees I hate watching us on TV. Weā€™re back to 3 umps this week arenā€™t we? I donā€™t think i can take another GWS rogering.

yeah I think Iā€™ll be heading to the Union too. They sponsor my cricket club so always good to head there for a few cold ones. Not a bad setup nowadays.

Was up there a few weeks ago, sensational set up. Must have done renoā€™s since I had last been there.

Iā€™m keen on Greek.

On Nunnery Blitz, ā€¦ yes.

So one of the owners of Colonial Brewing Co is a big bombers supporter. Explains the partnership to some extend where otherwise I couldnā€™t really see how they match from a branding point of view.

Colonial brewery is now having issues with their name as flow on from all the BLM stuff.

Will be interesting to see if the club does anything. Perhaps the brewery will change their name.

Itā€™s only the one bottle shop that isnā€™t stocking them. Could just be a storm in a beer can.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen that ā– ā– ā– ā–  cheese is likely to be rebranded also. Even the word ā– ā– ā– ā–  is blocked here, so youā€™ll probably have to guess!