Essendon beat Freo by 19 shots - discuss

We should save on gunpowder by ducktaping Goddard/Dea/Colyer together and just firing them all out of the cannon at the same time

8 Likes

He is Ratz to me. And he is as annoying as a rat to the opposition :joy:

1 Like

Percentage will cost us. Should have had a nice little boost today

7 Likes

Last hard game of the year.

2 Likes

Will beat Sydney by plus 39

Dea?

Oh right we need a position for your boy.

2 Likes

That wasnā€™t essington in the first half, we were right on top. Just couldnā€™t kick straight. Essington is a rabble if uncertain players on their heels

and xxx% of @theDJR is innumerateā€¦

4 Likes

and last week

1 Like

Whilst it was garbage game we are beating the teams we should beat finally.

GC by 43, Freo by 29

Both teams are very lucky we havenā€™t made most of our fwd entries.

6 Likes

How was it Essington?

We didnā€™t kick straight. That is all. We didnā€™t play like plodders. We just didnā€™t finish off our good work.

Damn. If I am the positive oneā€¦:rofl:

12 Likes

I like that we are finding a way to win the ugly, ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  games.
Not so long ago we would have lost games like these.

14 Likes

Equal 8th

Yeah baby!!!

4 Likes

Merrett and Saad were sore IMO. Merrett in particular spent large periods at half back/forward. No doubt to help break the tag but didnā€™t have the running power he normally has.

Saad not usual explosiveness and dare. Still serviceable but not at his best by a long shot.

Zaharakis terrific return.

Fantasia magnificent.

Smith & Heppell outstanding all day.

Positive was the win despite playing pretty poorly in patches without a key structural player.

Negative, too many VFL quality players in the ā€œbest 22ā€.

4 Likes

Saad looked injured. He didnā€™t want to run. But he was still very good in his role.

2 Likes

Weā€™re currently on 99.9%

1 Like

Its nice to get a regulation win.
Could have been better if we kicked accurately but, was good that we still had to fight it out.

1 Like

True. But this is also a good thing I think - because we are missing some absolute quality particularly in the forward line - and managing to plug the gaps so to speak. Itā€™s not going to happen this year due to a tremendously frustrating self-inflicted wound - but this list we are building looks very good to me. Bring in Daniher, Francis, Gleeson and Stringer next year and let Dea, McNeice (who was good today), Baguley, Colyer etc be the depth they should be.

1 Like

If one of them has to hold onto the cannon ball this is an even better idea, because then Goddard can do it

1 Like

Probably around 110% will be required

1 Like