Essendon def Essendon - GWS gifted win - review

I thought that was a good effort. Basic skill errors cost us. Very strange umpiring decisions, or non decisions. then I remembered that the AFL do have a vested interest in GWS finishing top 2.
I think it showed.

Still angry about that goal review

There should be a painted white line up the padding that is the same thickness as the goal line.

Sh*t crowd. What’s wrong with you people?

In fairness to the crowd numbers, we barely get 35k when we were playing well, let alone when we’re on only 1 win and on the twilight timeslot and expected to get done by 100+.

It's time we start sending tweets to Patrick Keane questioning why Parnell is still umpiring Essendon games when he clearly doesn't have the professionalism to put bias a side.

We might as well have Barrett, Walls & Healy umpiring our games.

They couldn’t possibly any worse, even Ben McDevitt would do a better job!

There seemed to be a conscious effort to play positively instead of the negative sideways, sideways, backwards crap that has been dished up so often in the last 3 seasons.
Most refreshing.
Perhaps the inner Matthew Knights has been released at long last (apart from playing 2 ruckman!)?

I pride myself that I have got my rage under control against the umpires. BUT, several of those decisions were horrific and the tippa / hams decisions sucked the life out of the game. It felt like they were actively cheating.

Sh*t crowd. What's wrong with you people?

There is a lot wrong with me. Where should I start?

As if there was ever going to be any other result than some muppett overturning Cooney's goal on the basis of inconclusive evidence.

Good effort poor execution. Daniher looks better running around but is still needs to clunk a few of those marks he is getting his hands into. And don’t mention his kicking. Be interesting to see if they persist with Jamar - he certainly gives an option long but is not much chop when the ball is on the ground.

We need to keep playing with speed of ball movement even if we turn it over a bit. It’s much better to a) watch and b) gives us a chance to score.

Dempsey, Cooney and Gwilt are at least trying but I don’t think there is any reason for them to be there next year. Jerret, Ashby and Gleeson to me will probably get another year but they need start to show more improvement, jerret needs to get more of the footy and start hitting the scoreboard, Gleeson and Ashby have to cut out the errors by foot coming out of the back half - you can’t be a bad kick and defender anymore - it’s too important both offensively and defensively and they both butcher it too often.

Didn’t get to watch the game but followed it online where I could.

Did Raz play small forward or was he up on the wing?

Some downright cheating gifts by umps to GWS in front of goal were deporable. Honestly an investigation is needed.

The problem with that goal review was that they over ruled a goal on seemingly non conclusive evidence

Ambrose was good again.

Imagine a world where the umpires decisions were reviewed fairly and openly, and we could see that they were demoted for poor performance.

That’d be great. We could have less discussion about football and more about the umpiring of football.

Actually the opposite of what I meant, given we spend so little time discussing the umpires rather than the football because the AFL is so openly transparent and fair, especially to EFC.

Didn't get to watch the game but followed it online where I could.

Did Raz play small forward or was he up on the wing?

deep small forward. Could/should have kicked 6.

Was pleased we kept pressing forward in the last, trying to hit the scoreboard even though we probably knew we were out of gas and wouldnt be able to cover them over the back. We probably wouldve lost by the same amount if we gone defensive.

I thought that was a good effort. Basic skill errors cost us. Very strange umpiring decisions, or non decisions. then I remembered that the AFL do have a vested interest in GWS finishing top 2. I think it showed.
Gil's not going to sell a million tickets if that happens.

I can think of twelve blokes that would make that team pretty farking good.