Essendon def Geelong 110-93 Review Thread

I believe it’s Snorky.

3 Likes

What was Bingo up to with a dial like that?

1 Like

Wow, great link! Thanks for that.

I think the issue may be related to my laptop. Having issues with a couple of othe things.

Thanks mate, legend!!

1 Like

Farken tell me about it, . I feel you mate.

Damn near put mine through the wall yesterday.

I have a solid state drive, and another 2TB one for storage coming, along with a matched set of 4 gig Ram sticks, and I cannot wait to fk windows 10 off forever and do a fresh install of 64 bit Win 7

1 Like

It was a great win on the weekend. Its good to beat the cats for once. There were many positives:

• The forward line is working well. Once we get it in the forward 50 and can exert enough pressure to keep it there we generally score

• We are being kept competitive (so far) by the players that stood out last year. Bodes well for the future

• Despite the ball being pumped into the opposition forward line so frequently the backline are performing well

• Transitions from the backline to the forward line is very exciting.

But…we are getting killed in the clearances and centre clearances. This means the ball gets pumped into the opposition forward line.We are one of the bottom teams for clearances and stoppages. If we can get this part of the game cleaned up we are going to be very competitive. Also we seem to having problems with the kick that comes from inside the forward 50 to the centre square or wing. For some reason we seem to have problems with it.

1 Like

I don’t think that works from overseas

I have the “Tra La La Song” as the ring tone on my phone.

People always smile when it rings.

Well a grimace is a smile of sorts.

4 Likes

This one:

Or this one?

1 Like

Has anyone with mad computer skills made the gif of Hurley’s dangerfield tackle yet? U know when he stops then fend, tackles him into the fence?

1 Like

Watched again, we really blitzed them for 2 and a half quarters, could have been up by heaps more.

Don’t know if Geelong were bad or we’re just a real good team in decent conditions at the G.

Sort of both - we made them look very ordinary, like we did Hawthorn by our speed & directness of ball movement.

Like the Hawks, the Cats could not cope.

We should have been 60+ points up at 3QT that’s how much better we were than the Cats.

4 Likes

Go to this thread. :slight_smile:

Check the Hurley thread… :wink:

1 Like

Anyone else question the three talls idea when the first inside 50 of the game ended up in all three chasing the ball together?

The best thing about our wins this year is it’s pretty much the kids taking us forward. Zerrett, parish, McGrath, Daniher, Fanta, tippa. They are the ones winning us games. Hope we get a look at LAV later in the year

We’re gonna have some ordinary days this year but we’re gonna have some excellent wins too.

4 Likes

Yeah. Stopped after about 6-7 minutes though. Whether it’s Langford or Stewart (or even Lance Francis should he improve his running), we’re a better balanced side with a 3rd big/biggish forward.

2 Likes

Guessing you’re not a fan - glad I didn’t install it in that case; already takes about 15 minutes to check an email on my notebook and hence why I use my mobile for the Internet now.