Essendon fans required for Etihad promotional shoot

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I don't get it. What am I supposed to be looking at in that thread?

Thought you posted in the wrong thread, nm :slight_smile:

All good. I was referring to Bakerisastar post.

Thanks Nicole for thinking of Blitz. You might have noticed that a lot of us have built up a rather strong dislike for anything related to The Age and generally the wider media. Just some context for the tone of the thread.

Quoted Post

Participants will be asked to be filmed / photographed in some of the following situations:
  • In seats cheering
    - Holding mobile phone talking to friends
  • Engaging with phone and looking up to big scoreboard

This unfortunately represents the modern football fan.

Quoted Post

Wanted: Actors to work for dinner and soft drink.

What a deal.

You should be paying everybody who appears on screen, even a small, token per diem. You have the cash, and saying that you are offering food and drink - which you have to legally do anyway - is laughable.

Pretty sure every club does this each season for promo footage etc.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

What a deal.

You should be paying everybody who appears on screen, even a small, token per diem. You have the cash, and saying that you are offering food and drink - which you have to legally do anyway - is laughable.

And that’s fine.

This is not for the club.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

What a deal.

And that’s fine.

I agree with you. I have a real problem with any for profit business being allowed to employ people for nothing, to benefit the businesses financial position. We have enough of a problem with youth unemployment, volunteer interns etc without this practise becoming more pervasive.

Cant tell me Etihad cant afford to pay people, actors or otherwise.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

What a deal.

And that’s fine.

I agree with you. I have a real problem with any for profit business being allowed to employ people for nothing, to benefit the businesses financial position. We have enough of a problem with youth unemployment, volunteer interns etc without this practise becoming more pervasive.

Should be paid at industry rates

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post

What a deal.

And that’s fine.

Should be paid at industry rates

Exactly. I’m sure the camera guy is being paid. So is the gaffer, the sound guy, the editor etc.

I assume Nicole has been given a budget.

The actors / fans on screen should be included in this budget and paid the industry rate.

You’re all unbelievable.

Internet: the thread.

Quoted Post

You're all unbelievable.

Internet: the thread.

Really? This is the thread that leaves you gobsmacked? Granted, it’s about as big an issue as what VD had for lunch, but still.

Nobody is bagging the club. Nobody is bagging Nicole (ok a few did, but that was misdirected. She’s merely passing on a message.)

A few people are merely calling out Etihad for being cheapskates. And as a freelance artist who has undoubtedly been offered things like ‘exposure’ and ‘future opportunities’ as a form of payment, I would think you’d be able to see the issue.

They want footy fans to turn up and cheer for their team in exchange for some free grub, not a big ask I would’ve thought. People here acting like they’ll be asked to break rocks.

WHY DO YOU HATE FREEDOM?!

Peos i think your one of the better posters on here, but i reckon your off the mark

Fk me, id jump at the opportunity to be a part of something like this. Probably because being a interstate fan you feel a little less involved. Just putting on my essendon stuff, and getting to meet other essendon fans and hang out with them at etihad for a while and getting a feed out of it would be a good day out for me

2x Business class tickets to Hong Kong. MINIMUM!

Quoted Post

Peos i think your one of the better posters on here, but i reckon your off the mark

Fk me, id jump at the opportunity to be a part of something like this. Probably because being a interstate fan you feel a little less involved. Just putting on my essendon stuff, and getting to meet other essendon fans and hang out with them at etihad for a while and getting a feed out of it would be a good day out for me

I’m not saying nobody should do it. In fact, I encourage people to do it, stuff like that is fun as all fark. You’d have a great day.

I just saw Etihad release a casting call sheet for specific talent (not just some extras in the background, but specifically listed talent) for a 5 hour promotional shoot for their multi-million dollar business, and they aren’t paying them. Because they know people are so passionate about football, that they’ll do what is essentially somebody’s job, for free.

I’m sorry for hijacking the thread (it’s kept me out of the saga thread, which is something) and I actually don’t care that much. I hope it goes well and everybody has a great time.

But Etihad are tight arses, and I won’t budge on that.

That’ll do me for this thread I think :slight_smile:

Yup ive been well paid for doing a lot less

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

I’m not saying nobody should do it. In fact, I encourage people to do it, stuff like that is fun as all fark. You’d have a great day.

I just saw Etihad release a casting call sheet for specific talent (not just some extras in the background, but specifically listed talent) for a 5 hour promotional shoot for their multi-million dollar business, and they aren’t paying them. Because they know people are so passionate about football, that they’ll do what is essentially somebody’s job, for free.

I’m sorry for hijacking the thread (it’s kept me out of the saga thread, which is something) and I actually don’t care that much. I hope it goes well and everybody has a great time.

But Etihad are tight arses, and I won’t budge on that.

That’ll do me for this thread I think :slight_smile:

I’m with you 100% on this Peos.