Essendon Football Club Mt Rushmore

Reynolds, Coleman, Sheedy & Hutchison

Shaun McNernan and Edyn Sibbald.

Just to see how they’d do the necks.

I was thinking of Organ Pipes National Park in Keilor North.
(But opposite Princes Park would work too.)

images (1)

It has to be James Hird.

Looks like someone’s already had a go at carving there.
Surely that’s a slightly modernist Wayne Primmer on the left.

Rene Kink is the fourth.

Neale, Terry, Anthony and Chris.

Edit: Damn, somebody already did this one.

The Rock, Rocky, Rock Hudson and rock lobster.

1 Like

Yep my rellie too, the talent didn’t run this far down the tree unfortunately , fourth (third?) easily

2 Likes

Looks just like Rushmore, only made in Minecraft

4 Likes

Whoa - that’s an amazing attack because auto correct on my phone misspelt Hutchison.

I have no issue with your father’s opinion that he went missing in finals. But to say that his amazing record should be discounted on this single opinion is almost as tangential as you bringing up the media’s reporting of the saga.

Hutchison’s selection as a legend of the game by many of his peers suggests that he was an amazing player. His playing record I quoted above backs this up. Also there are plenty of quotes on the public record from ‘credible people like James Hird’ discussing how good he actually was. I have chosen to select one quote to highlight just how revered he was - and this quote is from King Richard himself:

■■■■ Reynolds, the man who was voted Champion at the Champions of Essendon event in 2002 said, “I don’t deserve this honour. Bill Hutchison was the best player I’ve seen.”

1 Like

Lords has the Father Time weathervane.

How about a Dustin Fletcher weathervane?

There are two more great Essendon names that should be considered here:

Alick Ðick, who (in an era before there were coaches) captained the side to our first four premierships, 1891 to 1894 — four in a row, the first time that was ever achieved.

Syd Barker who captained and coached the Mosquito Fleet to their back-to-back premierships in 1923-1924.

(By the way, I notice that once again we are prevented from writing Alick Ðick’s surname, or the shortened version of Ðick Reynolds’s first name without resorting to workarounds, such as Ð for D. Come on, fellas - take your Yankee wowser hats off, will you, and give us a break !)

1 Like

I don’t think Mt Rushmore is apt enough. Our chasm is far deeper.

Seriously unfortunate name that one

1 Like

My 3 are:
@theDJR
@Riolio
@Mendozaaaa

hard for a 4th…

If you don’t include @Bomb_Doe he’ll just superimpose himself in anyway.

5 Likes

4 ninos

1 Like

Cool your Jets Mod Lover …

2 Likes

4 big bodied statues.

1 Like