Essendon in the Media

Just a thread for people to post videos of Essendon players or coaches who have appeared on TV in the past week or so, or also to give people a heads up on who will be appearing in the coming days. Obviously check the Essendon channel on YouTube for the Hangar and some interviews - If there is any radio content too that people want to share, feel free.

Here is Bomber Thompson on his weekly Monday 360 appearance 14/07/14

http://youtu.be/LxIlqDWwTnc?t=27m

Here is Courtney Dempsey fronting up to the media today 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wpL0kABHgY

Hibbo was also on Ed and Derm's on Sunday but I can't get a snippet of it, so I suppose it'd also be relevant if people could post summaries of what was said.

ASARDAR Free.

Such a good interview. Robbo is a massive guts!

Great thread idea TomsDons. Makes it hella easy to catch up on what’s been happening. Cheers

Such a good interview. Robbo is a massive guts!

I know Roosy is not the most popular bloke around here, but that 20 minutes or so with Bomber and Roosy is the best 20 minutes of footy talk every week. Two coaches who really understand the game.

Yep, good thread! 

How badly did Robbo want that burger? :lol:

Sheehan doing an in depth interview with Lloydy on 3AW this arvo - not sure the exact time.

Fantastic idea. Now we don't have to search through mountains of crap and click on sites that we would prefer to not. I will get all my Essendon media from here in the future!

Goodwins interview was really good, made me feel really confident!

Lloyd on at 2:30pm

Fantastic idea. Now we don't have to search through mountains of crap and click on sites that we would prefer to not. I will get all my Essendon media from here in the future!

When l first saw this thread title l dreaded the worst. Shows how much our negative press has left an impression. l was expecting something diabollockal. This however is a great initiative. Not only can we get all news in one place, but it means less clicks and less business for The RAge, etc. Not only will we still be going strong, long after they are consigned to the annals of history, but a thread like this could go a long way to hastening their demise. You gotta like that.

Lloyd on at 2:30pm

I ave been thinking about Lloydy for a while, and perhaps it belongs in the Saga thread. At the moment M Lloyd is doing nothing to support the EFC, he falls into line with the rest of the media scrum and lets them dance on our grave. As a result of this I have lost all of the respect I had for him, he was a great player and champion of the club. Is there a chance he knows something we do not and is keeping his mouth shut. This seems like a long bow to draw but why would he be lying down and watching the Bombers be kicked from pillar to post?

Trying to be professional and not show bias.    He needs to look at Timmy Watson, who manages to be professional in his commentary,  when everyone knows he is personally biased and make allowances for it.  

I have been surprised at how "meek" Lloydy appears to be when on television .

Tim Watson is now an accomplished media performer quite capable of anchoring,  but he wasnt when he started ,  so maybe theres hope for Lloydy yet.

Lloyd needs to learn to develop an argument. He knows what he knows re: footy, but that's his limitation for now.

He needs to learn to listen, take note & interpret. He then needs to ask questions when something doesn't sound right. He had an opportunity when CW started waffling about cancer etc last week or two back on FC. She said other stuff then too that seemed unsubstantiated opinion. He just needs to call her on it and to not accept anything but factual responses. "But Wilson, how do you know that that's the truth of the matter" "What real evidence do you have for that statement" then don't accept anything that isn't substantiated. "No Wilson, that sounds like a personal opinion and I can't see how it can be real".

Lloyd is a champion footballer that's trying to commentate on footy. He's not an argumentative ■■■■■■■ trying to sell newspapers.

How'd the AW thing go?

Should those posts be in the saga thread

I think you'll find most won't read your post whilst it is in red writing.

As Bruce would say.. Clever, embedding the sash in the text.

It only works when the text is a certain size. 

Lloyd needs to learn to develop an argument. He knows what he knows re: footy, but that's his limitation for now.

He needs to learn to listen, take note & interpret. He then needs to ask questions when something doesn't sound right. He had an opportunity when CW started waffling about cancer etc last week or two back on FC. She said other stuff then too that seemed unsubstantiated opinion. He just needs to call her on it and to not accept anything but factual responses. "But Wilson, how do you know that that's the truth of the matter" "What real evidence do you have for that statement" then don't accept anything that isn't substantiated. "No Wilson, that sounds like a personal opinion and I can't see how it can be real".

Lloyd is a champion footballer that's trying to commentate on footy. He's not an argumentative ■■■■■■■ trying to sell newspapers.

How'd the AW thing go?

Sound analysis me thinks.

It only works when the text is a certain size. 

Tis always the quality and not the quantity  :P

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/matthew-lloyd-interview/20140719-3c7j0.html

Interview up. Interesting to hear his side of the final game against the Hawks. Hodge comes out of it sounding like a good guy, Clarko not so much…

I only caught a bit of Chappy's post game on SEN, but he let a little "Geelong" slip in when talking about Essendon's close game tendencies and how we're trying to win the close ones even if we don't deserve to win. Spoke about Ryder perception inside the club vs. outside, and how underrated he is.