Essendon Indigenous Players poster

12.5 SCORING GOAL OR BEHIND AFTER PLAY HAS ENDED
12.5.1 Goal or Behind Recorded in Certain Circumstances
Even though play has come to an end, a Goal or Behind shall be recorded for a Team if:
(a) the Goal or Behind is scored by a Player from a Free Kick or Mark which was awarded to the Player before play came to an end; or
(b) the Goal or Behind was scored by a Player who disposed of the football before play came to an end; or
© the Goal or Behind is scored by a Player who was awarded a Free Kick under Law 12.6.

12.5.2 Football Touched in Transit
A Behind shall still be recorded under Law 12.5.1 if the football is touched in transit by another Player, provided the field Umpire is satisfied that the scoring of the Behind was not assisted by a Player from the same Team.

Urgh. Dunno if that’s been revised recently but like many of the laws of the game that is very grey and/or interpret-y and/or always ignored*. That means the ump has to guess what would have happened if said player hadn’t touched it. Footies bounce weird ways… a ball kicked fifty metres to land one metre out is no guarantee to bounce through.

• example of the latter: if you’re not the one who took the ball out of bounds it’s a free kick against you if you give it to the umpire.

I rule!!!

Tunnel Snakes Rule.

It can touch the attacking side’s fingers, but can’t be pushed or punched through by the attacking side.

If the defending side touches, pushes or punches it through, it’s a behind.

Why did David Flood never make it? Good, serviceable player. I remember us playing him in that season starter at Waverley in 1985 and he kicked 3 or 4 as a 16-yo, against one of Hawthorn’s best defenders. Sort of the equivalent of the FA Charity Shield. I think he starred in the Wimmera as a 15-yo. Nhill boy, I think.

Why did David Flood never make it? Good, serviceable player. I remember us playing him in that season starter at Waverley in 1985 and he kicked 3 or 4 as a 16-yo, against one of Hawthorn's best defenders. Sort of the equivalent of the FA Charity Shield. I think he starred in the Wimmera as a 15-yo. Nhill boy, I think.
And yet you never heard him whinging, unlike a certain bloke who also got dropped after the 93 PF & never spoke to Sheeds again.

Yet one had a serviceable game in the PF, while the loud one barely had a sniff.

Why did David Flood never make it? Good, serviceable player. I remember us playing him in that season starter at Waverley in 1985 and he kicked 3 or 4 as a 16-yo, against one of Hawthorn's best defenders. Sort of the equivalent of the FA Charity Shield. I think he starred in the Wimmera as a 15-yo. Nhill boy, I think.
And yet you never heard him whinging, unlike a certain bloke who also got dropped after the 93 PF & never spoke to Sheeds again.

Yet one had a serviceable game in the PF, while the loud one barely had a sniff.

Yes…one had 3 absolute finals shockers. Our whole family were saying he had to be dropped. Calthorpe and C Daniher forced their way in with great negating games earlier in the finals, Harvey was coming back. Not sure who else came back.

Great match Al, it was the start of '86. After 3 GFs in a row and 2 flags we beat the Sun All Stars (with a jumper in the colours of the current Suns but more yellow). I think Flood kicked more than 4- my Dad stood up at one point with his arms out like Noah yelling “Open the Floodgates!” Surely more 80s flags were in store…I cut David a lot of slack after that game.

Soooo. How about that poster? Any chance someone can link it?

Come on be fair, Derek had been played as an impact player off the bench for a number of games, much like a sub, and he went off the boil consequently.

Sheedy was no Bart Cummings when it came to preparing Kickett for the big game, he was out of form, but I reckon it was because he wasn’t giving him enough game time, despite some very good play in bursts late in the season / early in the final series. They didn’t rotate in those days like they do now.

Soooo. How about that poster? Any chance someone can link it?

I’ll try:

https://instagram.com/p/BOOJfA0hNwyZYpEPDPLcrntmSyntybU06wuw3s0/

https://instagram.com/p/BOOJfA0hNwyZYpEPDPLcrntmSyntybU06wuw3s0/?taken-by=lovett_murray

At least you can click the links above.

I’vw said it before, … Instagram sux!

http://s29.postimg.org/htsrhiewn/image.gif

Ok, made another that runs slower, but is a bit larger (6 mb ) (What was the limit again?)

http://s23.postimg.org/lhjvskjx7/image.gif

And FYI, if you want to pause it to see better, you can click and drag the Gif’s to your desktop. They’ll then download, and you can play them in VLC etc, and pause at will :slight_smile:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BOOJfA0hNwyZYpEPDPLcrntmSyntybU06wuw3s0/ It's on the wall at the new facility. It's a pity Russell Williams wasn't included though. Three games in 1994. Not on the poster.

He had ginger hair, but was definitely an Indigenous player.
Here’s his first game, he kicks his first goal at 1:45 of the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QkuuvnE6I0

Russell Williams was listed as the 7th EFC indigenous player in the EFC lindigenous stars 2014 list

I remember a game where somebody in the crowd kept calling Russell Williams an ‘Aborginginal’ all game.

It’s still funny.

His claim to fame was being the invisible part of the Freo-Lloyd trade.

Aren’t Russell Williams and Willie ■■■■ at the end?

Aren't Russell Williams and Willie ■■■■ at the end?
You might actually be right. I could read Willie ■■■■'s name, but not the guy underneath him. It looks like the first name is shorter than the last. But I've run out of other blokes that it could be, so maybe they didn't have an action shot so they went with a head shot.
Aren't Russell Williams and Willie ■■■■ at the end?
You might actually be right. I could read Willie ■■■■'s name, but not the guy underneath him. It looks like the first name is shorter than the last. But I've run out of other blokes that it could be, so maybe they didn't have an action shot so they went with a head shot.

Definitely him. I managed to get a great still when I paused where his name was clear.

It’s good that we didn’t overlook anyone. :slight_smile:

deleted