Essendon Membership Campaign 2015

Like stars?

What is with people crying that membership is low… The membership team does not have unlimited resources and/or is magic. They can only process a certain amount a day. The numbers will continue to climb at a steady rate.

It was the win against Hawthorn that pushed bonzo80 over the edge. That and Clinton Jones not playing in #5 on ANZAC Day.

national tragedy.

Membership tracking nicely. Website not updated as quickly as actual figures in house. Not sure we will get to 65K, although Little might buy 200 again this year to make it a record…

Either way, we are going to have 60K+ members, most of whom are reserved seat which means extra $$ for the club, our attendances are high, jumper sales/supporters surveys all put us in the top 2-3 clubs in the country and people want to complain??

Realise we are all sick of the saga talk, but I think it shows the arrogance of this club that people don’t give more credit to the fact that we survived this storm AND grew in membership, team performance, sponsorship and training facilities. Make no mistake, it is not chicken little talk to suggest that a weaker club would have been close to folding. GC, GWS, Melb, Dogs, StK, North, Syd, Bris all get obliterated by two years negative press, 2M fine and no draft picks. I mean close the doors obliterated.

even if we don’t top last years figure… what a farking statement that when our club was in its DARKEST moment, more members signed up than ever before?? Almost like they wanted to make a statement about backing the club no matter what?? When things got tough, the bombers family came together. Stick by Hird and other fan lead actions etc etc.

Membership is just a number (one that I think we will go passed 65K again) and this club is doing just fine.

It was the win against Hawthorn that pushed bonzo80 over the edge.
That and Clinton Jones not playing in #5 on ANZAC Day.

I really don’t get why some of these people sign up and complain. Is it they just want to have a whinge? If they don’t like it, then go support someone else. I hear Fark Carlton are looking for supporters who accept mediocrity. There won’t be a line at their membership tent at the G this weekend.

I've decided to sign up for the first time since 2002.

My wife approved my “Application to Have A Social Life” form and I am now a Bronze Member.

Lid Off Maricones!

ALEXIS!!!

The Gooners “Big Fish”

My wife approved my “Application to Have A Social Life” form and I am now a Bronze Member.

Lid Off Maricones!

Lid Off Maricones!

ES BUENO.

I’ve decided to sign up for the first time since 2002.

Lid Off Maricones!

Just sent my unopened 2015 membership pack back. I'll rejoin when Hird and Little are gone and when Hird is no longer bigger than the club. Let's hope other members vote with their feet about the whole disgraceful mess.

but you might have got a golden ticket

Just sent my unopened 2015 membership pack back. I'll rejoin when Hird and Little are gone and when Hird is no longer bigger than the club. Let's hope other members vote with their feet about the whole disgraceful mess.

Look, I know you’re a troll and that’s fine, but you need to think this through.

Why did you buy a 2015 membership when Hird and Little were in charge back then anyway? What made you think they would get the ■■■■ a month before the season started? #keeptrolling

2nd. And scapegoating Hird is pretty easy, but Little? You can’t do both at once without… well, I guess there was no real research put into it in the first place. Disgrace to the name of the original and only, bonzo.

bonzo80 is sniggering in his parents’ basement, linking his troll to all of his bigfooty mates thinking about how clever he is.
try harder next time

essendope*

Ps: Fk off Caro, you lost, it’s over.

Yes, it has been ~250 per day this week, but 55,000 signed? Not according to our website…

Fine. ■■■■ off you dumb ■■■■. That should make it through the filter!!

I’ve been a strong supporter of James Hird right throughout the saga but this post has really made me question that support. I for one would like to see Bonzo return to the fold and I’m starting to wonder if maybe it’s time to dump Hird to make this happen.

Look, I know you’re a troll and that’s fine, but you need to think this through.

Why did you buy a 2015 membership when Hird and Little were in charge back then anyway? What made you think they would get the ■■■■ a month before the season started? #keeptrolling

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/essendon-sees-membership-avalanche-following-anti-doping-tribunal-verdict/story-fni5f6kv-1227306968650

Essendon sees membership avalanche following anti-doping tribunal ver

Stephen Dank : 'They tried to bastardise…James Hird poses for a picture with a fa…
AN AVALANCHE of Essendon supporters have signed on since the AFL anti-doping tribunal verdict, helping propel the club towards a record membership.

The surge has accelerated since the club’s shock win over Hawthorn, fuelling players’ confidence they can mount a genuine challenge for this year’s premiership.

The club signed up about 60-80 members a day throughout the preseason but that number has tripled to 250-300 per day since the tribunal found the players not guilty of doping charges last month.

The club is expecting the increased interest to continue in the lead-up to the blockbuster Anzac Day clash against Collingwood next Saturday. Tickets are still available for members only.

Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell said the thrilling two-point win over back-to-back premier Hawthorn after an encouraging performance against Sydney was a positive sign the club could compete against the powerhouse sides.

AFL 360: Jordan Lewis and Brendon Goddard discuss final play tactics
AFL 360: Jordan Lewis and Brendon Goddard discuss final play tactics
“It will be one of those wins that we look back on and think it is a great win for the whole club,” Campbell said.

“It has been such a difficult period, in particular for our players, and I’m not sure we are going to forget, or go away too quickly, but what is nice is that everyone is able to focus on football.

“It is only Round 2, but the fight from our players and their efforts over the first two games has been really pleasing.”

ASADA has until Tuesday to appeal the not-guilty verdict.

With 55,000 members signed and a target of 65,000, Campbell said he understood why some fans had waited until after the verdict to get on board.

“I think many of them wanted a resolution or at least to see the lay of the land before they committed,” Campbell said.

“But we have seen since that decision has been handed down, there has been an incredibly strong response and it has probably been complemented by the win at the weekend.”

The Bombers will tackle a winless Carlton, but Campbell said the club was on alert heading into the clash against a fierce rival.

“We expect Carlton to be at the top of their game, obviously there has been various articles written about them this week,” he said.

“I’m sure being the proud football club that they are, they will want to come out and redeem themselves and we need to be ready.”