Essendon Memorabilia

I have a dumb story… I used to “mod” PlayStation 2’s back in the day, and I did Harvey / Wallis and Barnes PlayStation … anyway , kind of like the Randy Jackson signing a sword story, I had a PlayStation with all 3 of their signatures on the lid…

Also have the mark harvey farewell game tee that I have signed… I think all these are still at my mums…

2 Likes

I got this last night at a silent auction. The money went to a good cause in Beyond Blue. It’s going straight to the pool room.

16 Likes

Hi I’ve found this covid situation extremely tough as a golf pro on the Gold Coast. In light of that I need to sell my 2000 membership medallion. It’s on ebay if anyone can help out. Cheers. Essendon FC Memorabilia - High Mark Membership Medallion 2000 Premiership Year | eBay

If only we could merge.

12 Likes

Nice! Useless trivia. I actually featured in a Jeff Hook cartoon!

5 Likes

There’s a family photo somewhere of a kid sitting on Terry’s knee when he played Santa at a club Xmas party for EFC members. Authentic, but not signed.

2 Likes

Didn’t know where else to put this but saw this posted on Facebook. Pretty cool/creepy:

6 Likes

I think I have a copy of this photo (or similar from the same day), but the photo is signed

Will have a look

It’s here. There’s still a pulse.

1 Like

Hi all,

I bought myself an Essendon guernsey with Nic Martin’s number, only to realise that I ordered it in an XL which is too big for me.

Never worn, outside of trying it on and realising in disgust I’m an idiot.

Paid $140 inc numbers. Happy to part with it for $60 and I’ll post to wherever (thanks work…).

Funds to make the pain of buying the same in a large a little less.

PM me if interested.

Thanks

I am this old.

Jealous, huh?
Not for sale.

3 Likes

This is something that has been passed down from my Great Pop. I’m fortunate enough to be in its chain of ownership. I believe that it is from 1965 (premiership year), or at least around that year. I’m curious as to how rare something like this is. Is anyone aware or in possession of something similar? I imagine it would be worth a bit, not that I would ever sell it.

15 Likes

That is fantastic, and what a great team that was. Amazing that you can read all the names clearly; if you got players today to sign, you would not be able to read most.

I have Ken Fraser and Barry Davis signatures on my school report of that year. Ken taught me geography and Davis was the PE teacher.

3 Likes

It is almost certainly from 1966 as Alan Noonan and Robert Wilson are on there. Noonan first played in '66 and that was Wilson’s only season.

4 Likes

This is looming as ‘the other #32 thread’ Mk II. That was a roller coaster of emotion.

1949 Essendon Premiership team, signed by Bob McClure, Keith Rawle, W.Hutchison, John Coleman and D!ck Reynolds (lol at Blitz censoring out the first name).

The photo has been with us since the day itself and I didn’t even know about it until 2015, when my mum started talking about the photo they keep behind the photo of the family dog; so you can imagine my astonishment.

13 Likes

You might let Barb at the club know, she used to be the historian and collector of rare items on loan for the club museum.
I inherited a few things that I keep meaning to lend, some have been passed on like old newspaper reports, souvenir records, membership cards etc.

I think Barb has moved on, but there is someone looking after this sort of memorabilia.

1 Like

That’s fantastic.

9 Likes