Essendon racist supporters

Tonight I could not believe what I heard from an Essendon member in the High Mark area on Level 2 at Docklands tonight. This person was sitting in Aisle 32 in seat J 29 or 30.

Late in the first quarter, Adam Goodes got his first touch when he received an easy mark just inside 50. At that stage, we more than 6 goals down and no one was too happy that Goodes held the ball within kicking distance. There was the usual banter

"Too far you ■■■■■■■■"
" What’s wrong with you Victim of the Year."

All edgy, but nothing offensive. Just the banter you would expect to hear from a footy crowd. Then came this:

"fark OFF MAGILLA THE GORILLA."

I turned around and asked loudly, “Who said that?” An adult male replied in a cocky manner, "I did."

I shook my head in disbelief. After all Our Club has done to combat racism on and off the field, this individual thought it was OK to refer to an indigenous player in such a manner.

He changed his tune when I pointed him out to Security.

He ruined my family’s night at the footy.

If anyone knows this guy, tell him that attending the Dreamtime game would be below him.

poor form to racially abuse anyone.

I called him a finger pointing child bully though.

Tonight I could not believe what I heard from an Essendon member in the High Mark area on Level 2 at Docklands tonight. This person was sitting in Aisle 32 in seat J 29 or 30.
Late in the first quarter, Adam Goodes got his first touch when he received an easy mark just inside 50. At that stage, we more than 6 goals down and no one was too happy that Goodes held the ball within kicking distance. There was the usual banter
"Too far you ■■■■■■■■"
" What's wrong with you Victim of the Year."
All edgy, but nothing offensive. Just the banter you would expect to hear from a footy crowd. Then came this:
"fark OFF MAGILLA THE GORILLA."
I turned around and asked loudly, "Who said that?" An adult male replied in a cocky manner, "I did."
I shook my head in disbelief. After all Our Club has done to combat racism on and off the field, this individual thought it was OK to refer to an indigenous player in such a manner.
He changed his tune when I pointed him out to Security.
He ruined my family's night at the footy.
If anyone knows this guy, tell him that attending the Dreamtime game would be below him.

Hopefully the club follows up and revokes his membership. A 12 month ban would be a good place to start. no place for arseholes like this at the footy or anywhere. Zero tolerance for this sort of crap. 

Every supporter base will have a few racists.  Collingwood probably have a few that aren't.

Poor form. We don't need him. 

Football supporters in general are the lowest denominator. Had some old bald muppet say the umpires should get cancer sometime in the 2nd quarter.

Can't wait till the media get a whiff of this.

Ralphy is probably lurking BB as we speak.

I have held the view that Adam Goodes looks like a monkey for years. He seriously does and it has nothing to do with what race colour or religion he is.

It sounds like this particular person was trying to use it in a racial slur though which is disgusting but I’m also sick of people just pulling out the racist card straight away on things when it’s not always the case. Anyway I’m not getting into it. I think he looks like a monkey. He is a champion player Goode on him.

There's always going to be morons at the footy. That's a farking disgusting thing to say though.

I hope the ■■■■■■■■ has his membership revoked any isn't allowed into any club event again.

I have held the view that Adam Goodes looks like a monkey for years. He seriously does and it has nothing to do with what race colour or religion he is.
It sounds like this particular person was trying to use it in a racial slur though which is disgusting but I'm also sick of people just pulling out the racist card straight away on things when it's not always the case. Anyway I'm not getting into it. I think he looks like a monkey. He is a champion player Goode on him.

Jesus Christ.

I did say at one point ‘Why are you booing Goodes? He‘s done fark all tonight!'

It sounds like this particular person was trying to use it in a racial slur though which is disgusting but I'm also sick of people just pulling out the racist card straight away on things when it's not always the case. Anyway I'm not getting into it. I think he looks like a monkey. He is a champion player Goode on him.

Jesus Christ.
You dont Agee he looks like a monkey?? I'd say the same if he was albino white you know so don't go thinking I'm being racist.
Edit I'm an ugly farker to so I have right to hang shot on others lol

Jesus Christ.
You dont Agee he looks like a monkey??
No, and it's the root of this whole problem, people saying such things, to begin with.

Jesus Christ.
No, and it's the root of this whole problem, people saying such things, to begin with.
So you've never been to the footy or played footy or a sport and slagged off at someone.
I'm a grown man now though and I'm not going to the footy anymore and screaming obscenities at players like when I was young. So I agree it's not right to abuse people like that but fark we've all had ■■■■ hung on us. But anyway. That's getting off the topic of this thread. I'm not rascist. And I if that guy tonight was sledging racial slurs then he should be belted.

Tonight I could not believe what I heard from an Essendon member in the High Mark area on Level 2 at Docklands tonight. This person was sitting in Aisle 32 in seat J 29 or 30.Late in the first quarter, Adam Goodes got his first touch when he received an easy mark just inside 50. At that stage, we more than 6 goals down and no one was too happy that Goodes held the ball within kicking distance. There was the usual banter"Too far you ■■■■■■■■"" What's wrong with you Victim of the Year."All edgy, but nothing offensive. Just the banter you would expect to hear from a footy crowd. Then came this:"fark OFF MAGILLA THE GORILLA."I turned around and asked loudly, "Who said that?" An adult male replied in a cocky manner, "I did."I shook my head in disbelief. After all Our Club has done to combat racism on and off the field, this individual thought it was OK to refer to an indigenous player in such a manner.He changed his tune when I pointed him out to Security.He ruined my family's night at the footy.If anyone knows this guy, tell him that attending the Dreamtime game would be below him.

We are in Section 36, and we heard the guy. Then the guy next to me called Goodes an ape. I told him to just sit down and be a bit quieter, and that bomber supporters are better than that. He took my advice for the rest of this sad night.

■■■■.

Jesus Christ.

So you've never been to the footy or played footy or a sport and slagged off at someone.
I'm a grown man now though and I'm not going to the footy anymore and screaming obscenities at players like when I was young. So I agree it's not right to abuse people like that but fark we've all had **** hung on us

Quit while you are behind please. A very very long way behind, but you're only going further back.

Jesus Christ.

I'm a grown man now though and I'm not going to the footy anymore and screaming obscenities at players like when I was young. So I agree it's not right to abuse people like that but fark we've all had **** hung on us

Sorry but you have not grown up at all if you can post such nonsense.

On the other hand, well done to those standing up to that sort of crap.

poor form to racially abuse anyone.

I called him a finger pointing child bully though.

Quite rightly. His public humiliation of that girl was handled very poorly.