Essendon set to make $4 million dollar profit this year

You got that right. He’s already spending too much time at Crown, and likes a Rolex…

3 Likes

The Raptor?

2 Likes

No.

Was Ron Gauci and his little buddy Jason Cunningham.

He reserved explicit support for embattled coach James Hird but said if Hird could prove that he has the “right skills” and was able to engage in “complete openness about how things went at the time”, he may still be the man for the job.

i.e. WHY WON’T HIRD APOLOGISE?!?!

1 Like

yeah he wankers trying to knife everyone else on the board.

Approaching a new golden age. feels good.

1 Like

Blitz deserves some credit for the board composition even if at the time a lot were probably voting for emotional reasons rather than exercising what the mainstream would consider “sound business judgment”. Well done us.

That isn’t meant to in anyway denigrate from the outstanding contribution of @Catherine_Lio and @Paul_Cousins to the club. Just acknowledging that they at least partially benefited from a protest vote in here and benefited greatly from coming from outside the boys club.

Any way, both deserve our recognition and thanks for their contribution to this result and our club

Thanks guys

21 Likes

Remember the nut jobs who wanted to change the Essendon constitution so that Hird couldn’t be sacked unless the members voted on it?

Those were some rough times…

But now, we’re preparing for finals while rolling in Phat Stackz of cold hard cash.

You go, Bombers.

11 Likes

Give it to McGrath and he can use it on a Crown trip!

1 Like

No.

I’m not talking about Guacci either.

Must’ve sold a war bond.

2 Likes

Does that include the AFL? I reckon they’d be thrilled with the result.

I’m talking about Bill Jennings. Specifically this part.

I used to say proudly that my grandparents (RIP Grandma and Grandpa), both survivors of the Great Depression and my footy club, were the only organisms I knew who never had a debt in their living history. Errr, well, it‘s only my grandparents now who I can say that about, as Essendon now have a debt to the tune of several million dollars.

1 Like

Should’ve stepped out of his grandparents cellar once on a while.

Even just to defaecate.

Who the ■■■■ calls their grandparents ‘organisms’?

12 Likes

I voted the Hell out of N Raptopoulos. Still can’t believe he didn’t get up.

5 Likes

It’s like that moron has no conception of how 99% of businesses run. Let alone signification organisations with revenue streams several times larger than the debt. Let alone a club with a huge following that will not let it die.

6 Likes

Kudos to our CEO Xavier he has done a good job steering the ship.
And also all the members/supporters that have stood up this year.
Feels like we have finally come out the other side of the saga.
Good time to jump on the Bombers, wouldnt be surprised if a few people “go for the bombers in September” now there teams are knocked out.

3 Likes

If it was just about my entertainment, I’d go and watch Adelaide play every week.[quote=“Diggers, post:10, topic:11264, full:true”]
I’M RIATCH, BIAATCH!
[/quote]

Toot, toot!

Clouds parting to let some sunshine in. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like