Essendon set to make $4 million dollar profit this year

Perhaps it was immaculate?

Yep exactly my point.

The part in the article I enjoyed was us topping Hawthornā€™s annual profits at the height of their premiership years. Perhaps that figure is skewed in our favour but for whatever reason, I have no idea weā€™re bigger than them always have been. The spike in profit for Essendon does coincide with finding its way out of the wilderness but off the back of this seasonā€™s progress and making finals, I canā€™t imagine it dipping much if at all next season nor membership numbers etc.

I know sweet ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  Adams about finances nor the specifics of what generates them but it seems obvious the club is healthy for the foreseeable future and then some.

Remember the good old days of marching behind General Littleā€¦

1 Like

How good is that Etihad deal?

A tool that wants to sound like he has a wide vocabulary.

Heā€™s mighty proud of their multi-celled nature.

1 Like

And Essendon is not an organism. We donā€™t even have cells.

Just that drug dungeon.

3 Likes

What do you have to say now Ron Gauci?

This is such great news made even better by how little the Hawks made in their bandwagon years

Iā€™ve been to more games this year than any other and would like to give a big pat on the back to all others who have invested in the club this year. It has been awesome to go down and roar for Jobe and the boys. Well done all involved.

7 Likes

IIRC, Hawthornā€™s profits are disproportionately propped up by their gambling dens. Would be a shame if they fell over, like Collingwoodā€™s non-footy investments did.

Their high membership numbers donā€™t translate into profit: having 10,000 Tassie members (mostly on lesser options) is offset by them paying their Melbourne members to attend replacement away games.

Attendance numbers are money, and have been propped up by success for a long stretch. Time to revert to the meanā€¦

(Zero new research was done in the formulation of this post. Itā€™s possible some of it is right, though.)

9 Likes

A lesser club would have buckled and folded.

A lesser group of supporters would have walked away.

A lesser bunch of players would have said ā€œno moreā€.

A lesser level of management would have knifed each other.

Red&Black, and back.

10 Likes

Yknow hes probably just happy that the club is doing well

Three out of four ainā€™t bad.

ā€œI still canā€™t believe I missed out by 10 ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  votesā€

• R.Gauci
5 Likes

Destination club

Canā€™t be reiterated enough.

Destination club.

Nah nothing against the AFL.

Gill and co would be thrilled how Essendon has bounced back this year.

Yes.

And, just as I pointed out at the time, that is exactly why fat Vlad chose us as the scapegoat.

2 Likes

Yep. Thatā€™s why they chose usā€¦