Essendon v Carlton review

Shattered for the coondog

Out Stanton

You’re just trolling right?
Really hope so.

Me too.

Thought Stanton was good today.

Good is slightly generous, but was far ahead of our worst today.

Ffs, game was never really in doubt, we clearly took the foot off after watsons goal. That was their grand final today, they were never gunna give up. They clearly flooded our forward line all day and we found a way around to get a game winning lead. What more do you want

Backing up from two huge games in Sydney (we ran out of legs) and Hawthorn (a huge and emotional win) we were always going to be down today, both physically and mentally.

I guess that was Sydney’s excuse in last year’s grand final

I’m gonna keep using excuses because the facts are solid, we aren’t as gig ready as every other team, we’ve had that stolen from us among many other things. But I’ll also acknowledge that the last few games of 14 we showed similar tendencies. So, like most of us, not sure how to feel. We should beat Collingwood because we’re better across the ground, but are we as consistently intuitive as a team? Each week is a test but next week is where we show we’re either still in the pack or one of the contenders.

Also, Virgin Lounge with the Dogs today, Scott West has a resurgent mullet. Danger signs.

Only up to 1st qtr on tv, please tell me someone gets yarran back, dirty little prick

Melk was very good. Judd got on top of him in the last quarter though. Same thing last week with Lewis. Is fitness a problem?

Fk carlisle just looks disinterested. Id love to grab him and say “DO YOU KNOW HOW FKN LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE PLAYING FOR THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB, LET ALONE AFL?”

needs to start looking like he gives a ■■■■. It seriously infuriates me, he’s the most laconic player we have. Just goes through the motions, doesnt even look like he wants to be out there

Best bit was the train home.

A danger game out of the way. I’ll take it.

We need that killer instinct when we get 6 goals up to really just smash those chances and get 8-10 goals up rather than just get cute, miss easy shots and let the other team back in.

Out Stanton

He had the most disposals of the game. He clearly wins posession.

Hird’m is a troll mate.

A bad one but still a troll

Geez I would hate to see the responses if we had lost today if this is the way people handle winning.

Why are we not playing Giles? He's not hurt is he?

Bellchambers got absolutely pantsed.

By Wood. WOOD.

^This
Not work $70k ATM let alone $700k
Out Stanton

He had the most disposals of the game. He clearly wins posession.

Hird’m is a troll mate.

A bad one but still a troll

Maybe it was a really bad pun for out standing. Probably not though.

Ffs, game was never really in doubt, we clearly took the foot off after watsons goal. That was their grand final today, they were never gunna give up. They clearly flooded our forward line all day and we found a way around to get a game winning lead. What more do you want

To not have to rely on their ■■■■ kicking for goal.

Reckon it’s still gonna take a week or three for us to know where we are at. Remember, although we have had some good patches these past three weeks, this is still essentially our pre-season and we’re still perfecting the game plan.

Very lucky today that farkCarlton were so inaccurate, but it was a win and once again, we managed to dig in when the opposition came at us late. Only a few positives to take from today, but I’ll reserve any harsh judgement for the moment.

I really do think we look the goods this year…

Fk carlisle just looks disinterested. Id love to grab him and say "DO YOU KNOW HOW FKN LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE PLAYING FOR THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB, LET ALONE AFL?"

needs to start looking like he gives a ■■■■. It seriously infuriates me, he’s the most laconic player we have. Just goes through the motions, doesnt even look like he wants to be out there

Yep, he was the exact same this time last year also. ■■■■■ me to tears.

Yeah a win is a win but fark, we still played B grade footy for lots of today.Boy are the Scum are ■■■■■,and we nearly let them in. We really have to start punishing ■■■■■ teams when we play them.Happy we won but was very frustrating to watch,especially as you can plainly see we are more talented,skillful,and have the game to smash that rabble.

Fk carlisle just looks disinterested. Id love to grab him and say "DO YOU KNOW HOW FKN LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE PLAYING FOR THE ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB, LET ALONE AFL?"

The view from the TV lies. His work rate was decent, but he was either ignored or got rubbish delivery.

Gleeson was good and responded well after conceding that goal. He’s looking very dependable now.

Zaka, howlett, chappy, Colyer, Watson, hooker, hurls and Hepps the best for mine.

The view from the TV lies. His work rate was decent, but he was either ignored or got rubbish delivery.

His body language is fkn deplorable