Essendon vs Adelaide - Review

You and me both mate. I was going nuts when Jobe got his goal and the boys started to surge. People just looked at me.

So hang on… you say you were a ‘Knights hater’ for ‘3 long years’. And you say that the coach is the same as Knights. So…

Zerrett and fantasia weren’t the difference in losing last night. Our unaccountability was what killed us, I don’t know how many marks the crows took but the way they transitioned the ball was far, far too easy. Uncontested marks everywhere.

5 Likes

I dispute that. Last time Langford played (in a loss so no easy ride) he had 19 disposals and 7 tackles. Last time Francis played he had 13 disposals and that’s not as a midfielder. The others are unproven. I reckon they are showing just as much if not more than the slow plodders we are selecting.

To put it in perspective, last week Howlett had 12 possessions and with that stunning performance he was named as a starting follower! Given his best on ground 9 possession game this week not only will he keep players out 8-10 years younger he may well end up as the playing coach.

1 Like

Some of it is, no doubt.
So is some of the Worsfold can do no wrong/you can’t even know whether it’s wrong or not because you’re not an AFL coach.

It’s a forum.
Some views are irritating.

2 Likes

Zach and Fantasia = we score a bit more they score a bit less. Does nothing to appease the lack of accountability that jobe, myers, bj and hepp provide by being slow in our midfield.

I didn’t even realise the worsfold thread was closed. We actually can’t have a open thread about our coach? LOL

4 Likes

It got quite bad in that last few hours.

Hope that was a good learning experience for the future considering Adelaide played how we wanted to except perfectly. It’s frustrating to see them slow the play when needed, then if we rarely win it back we flick the switch to 10,000kph and turn it straight over because they have half an idea how to setup defensively.

Got a clinic in the midfield even though Looney wasn’t that bad. We need to add 2 mids and a fwd or defender depending on if Hooker stays forward.

1 Like

Crouch plays like how myers should.

gigantic mid that throws people around and then launches the ball with his strength and poise.

1 Like

I muted it a few months back. Forgot it existed until people mentioned it was closed.

Harsh

Coaching is a massive issue at the moment imo, have no idea why the thread isnt open again

Really. I just watched the replay of both incidents. There is no clear proof on the replay that Green touched the ball.However the replay very clearly shows Gleeson tapping the ball down to the Adelaide player.

1 Like

calling jobe and goddard pets? come off it.

It got quite heated so it was shut down.

Helps when Crouch doesn’t have anyone within 10 meters all night. Whenever our mids get the ball they have someone on their hammer and are under pressure, their mids waltz around in acres of space

1 Like

Pets isn’t a nice word, and not one I would use.
But the same sentiment has been expressed about certain players over the years.
Colyer seems to be the one who ‘has the photos’ at the moment.

shrugs It’s a point of view.

2 words “kicking efficiency”

It was predictable 12 weeks ago - now its reach parody levels. My only hope these days is that it slews off the side of the boot 1 time & goes somewhere that they don’t have their ruckman, best markers & best mids waiting.

2 Likes