Essendon Vs Fark Carlton - Match Review - Our list is still better!

Pathetic. Never acceptable to lose to Carlton.EVER

Too many mids were front running, and didn’t want to do the hard yards

Our kicking was abysmal

Our captain was awful

Our kids looked good

what a fkn shitful day

6 Likes

Gotta stick with the kids. Perkins will start nailing goals. Jones will break out with bags. Cox will tear it up.

5 Likes

The kids are alright aye?

2 Likes

3.0 is a good return for mine with Jones

3 Likes

image image image image image image

27 Likes

Always bad to lose to Carlton, but we all know what this year is about and we all know that Carlton are trying to get themselves in the 8. And they only beat us by 16. Some more polish, skill and composure and we could have won. But in year 1 of what we’re doing we’re going well.

Embrace the year for what it is or you’re gonna have a rough year.

18 Likes

Geez, people need some perspective. We are playing lots of kids, Francis is missing in the defence, Stewart didn’t look ready today, so no surprise they kicked so many goals.

Midfield is where we got smashed today, lost many clearances and struggled to get it cleanly to our forwardline.

But the kids are still looking good and I can still see good team bonding among all the players. We have a bright future ahead, whereas Carlton’s list still looks ■■■■. If we actually tagged Walsh and hadn’t put Stewart on McKay, we would win.

I’m pretty zen calm about this result. As I said in the match thread, a 9 pt loss would have been a more accurate feel of the game.

14 Likes

We simply don’t beat teams that play man on man against us.

We don’t have a willingness to run to create space, so we predictably just bomb it down the line.

6 Likes

impressive game by curnow, managed to tag mcgrath, parish and zerrett out of being effective.

3 Likes

Walsh is a gun.

3 Likes

Unaccountable midfield… they shouldn’t be getting any votes for today’s effort.

They got absolutely pantsed.

Thankfully the class of our forwards kept us in the game.

3 Likes

That was a cracking game. Both teams +100 points with the more experienced side edging it at the end. It was a beauty.

11 Likes

Not upset that we lost, I’m upset that our captain is the reason we lost and not the kids.

5 Likes

Sucks to lose but not disappointed. Kids are playing well and contributing. We are fielding the youngest team in the comp. The intensity is there you can see the potential unfortunately we just need to be patient.

3 Likes

Walsh is their best player now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see them low ball Cripps and go with someone else to compliment Walsh. Cripps isn’t their match winner anymore.

2 Likes

A lot more positives than negatives, IMO. Heppell was very good, Merrett doing Merrett things, Perkins took a really really big step. Tippa. Jones was really, really good - imagine him in a year & 5kg time?

Ultimately they had fewer non contributors than us, that was most of the difference.

4 Likes

Wait, so we’re offered this before the game: Hooker 5, TIPPA 4, Stringer 3, Jones 3, and we don’t get close?

Pls explain.

12 Likes

Was shithouse.
A loss is a loss and should never ever be happy losing to that mob especially one of the worst Fark Carlton sides in the last 20 years

11 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen a player pull as many goals out of their ■■■■ as Hooksy.
Dead set barely looks competitive in half the contests, but somehow manages to slot 5 again.

Kids all showed great signs.
Hepp not great but far from as bad as people here believe.
Midfield smashed outside of clearances

7 Likes

Did you watch the game?

14 Likes