Essendon Vs Fark Carlton - Match Review - Our list is still better!

Strong 2009 Knights v Ratten ■■■■ tier shootout energy today.

Glad that we played out the game to the end of the last quarter, we really could have lost that by 40 odd points with 7-8 minutes to go.

We desperately need another small forward with the ability to kick goals on a regular basis.

Laverde’s a good defender, so that’s nice.

Bryan has some nice skills and he might as well be getting the experience, but there’s really nowhere to hide when you need an extra 10kgs and you’re the main ruck.

4 Likes

Carlton fans were a special kind of Kent today. Disgusting behaviour

4 Likes

This narrative that Carlton is the worst team in the comp and you should never lose to them needs to end. They’re not great, but they’re not terrible like some act on here.

28 Likes

Hep very good?!?!?

LOL

6 Likes

Keep playing the kids.

At some stage we are going to have to improve our ball movement going inside 50. When it is a slow build up, we always bomb it in long and high which is very easy to defend. Must find a way to spot up some targets with shorter kicks.

2 Likes

Yes it’s disappointing to lose to FC again. But we are rebuilding and it’s to be expected. We’ve now debuted six (?) draft picks, none of whom is hopeless, so the future is bright. It won’t be this year and it probably won’t be next year but we’re on the build. Go Bombers!

4 Likes

Ya know what’s sad?

I don’t know if this is included as a great tackle, or as an umpire boo-boo.

5 Likes

Even as a gloomer I’m in full agreement

If I have to watch us lose, I want to watch young guys having a legitimate crack who look like they might actually amount to something than a bunch of perennially injured, under-performing, underachieving, senior players.

If I have to gloom, it will be at the likes of Heppell and Stewart. But two players isn’t enough to write off the positivity I feel towards our future.

3 Likes

That’s a huge call. They’ve put some epically bad teams out on the field over the last 20 years.

15 Likes

I only caught the 2nd half.

Saw we were in front and Perkins had 16 possession to half time and was pumped.

But from there game always felt like Blues had more of the control only because of our mistakes

To me it seemed like despite us having more of ball and smashing them in clearances we made too many errors ball in hand ourselves. Cost our own chances and handed them the ball back.

Also gave them too many shots of goal from jumper holding/undisciplined frees.

They were better at breaking tackles and getting ball to a team mate too which was frustrating

Very disappointing loss because we had a lot of the play. Wouldn’t expect to walk away from many games and lose with Hooker kicking 5, Tippa 4, Stringer & Jones 3 each.

All in all though Blues with where they are at SHOULD be beating us and we had their measure for a lot of that game so that’s a positive. Sucks not to win against those kents though.

1 Like

He isn’t an Essendon supporter, he is a neutral commenting on what he saw from the game with no emotional attachment.

I said we would lose this game right after we beat the Pies. They have a better midfield than the Pies and more developed and better quality than ours. Our backline is a patchwork atm, surprised more teams have scored more against us.

I am still not completely sold on Parish. He still isn’t dependable imo.

McGrath should be moved to the backline, and Caldwell should replace him in the midfield.

8 Likes

How is Zen a word following essendon?

I think this game is enough to temper some of the delusions of grandeur from a section of our supporter base, which I think will be a good thing for the rest of 2021.

We are not a finals team in 2021. We were not expected to be a finals team in 2021. In fact the general consensus is that we will finish bottom 4, which I think is more than likely at the moment. Carlton, on the other hand, were predicted to be challenging for the top 8, if not higher.

Carlton had the press on their back all week about under achieving so far this year. They still allowed us to kick over 100 points and it took them until the last quarter to break free. They are not that good and neither are we this year. It’s about the longer term picture though, which looks a whole lot rosier than it did 12 months ago.

The performances of Bryan, Perkins, Cox & Jones is enough to keep us pretty comfortable about our direction. Add in the likes of Ridley and Draper (injured) as well as the addition of Zach Reid and a probable very high draft pick this year, we are in good hands.

Yep, it’s really crap losing but we need to prepare ourselves for a few more of these this year - pretty good/competitive but not enough to win games.

Big picture stuff.

37 Likes

They have a stack of their best 22 missing and are absolute dog ■■■■
Guys like Betts, Cunningham and Owie won’t get another kick this year

1 Like

There have been much worse Fark FC sides than this one over the last 20 years. Naturally you’re more invested in the outcome than I am but from where I’m sitting it was a very entertaining contest between two evenly matched sides.

Geez @Kicks you were in a hurry to get that title up on the thread. Were you watching? A bunch of kids lost narrowly in what was one of the better games of 2021 to date. Essendon sh1tting the bed? I expect that sort of negative crap from a scum supporter.

6 Likes

Was the fumbliest ive seen Parish in a long time.
Have been a big time believer of McGrath as a mid, but on the season thus far would prefer Caldwell in there as you’ve said.

6 Likes

Beat ourselves today. Won almost every stat in the game.

Very, very, very pleased with the kids. Thought Bryan looked okay although was comfortably beaten in ruck contests.

Felt like our pressure wasn’t there all day and some
Of the turnovers from senior players were unacceptable.

Keep playing the kids.

5 Likes

We made a cooked betts look like a world beater

2 Likes