Essendon Vs Fark Carlton - Match Review - Our list is still better!

We lost to Fark Carlton, gave up a big lead, defence like Swiss cheese. Negatives far outweigh any positives.

1 Like

@Humbert_Humbert - My bad. Next time I’ll be a happy clapper. Cheer and applaud the lads for another fantastic participation effort.

4 Likes

I thought Curnow was on Merrett for the majority.
McGrath was going to Walsh, copped it hard and fast, then they freed him up late which was when he started finding a heap of it.

Sack Stanton. Did nothing today. And Dyson? Don’t ask.

2 Likes

The only difference between Betts this week and last is he kicked 3.0 instead of 0.4. That’s got bugger all to do with us.

Ok. Pretty angry we lost especially to the scum.
But with time to calm, it’s not world ending.
Positives- Perkins was really good, Cox did nice things, Jones played his best game, Laverde was excellent, Walla good first half and kept trying, we got another high pressure game into the kids. Oh and Bryan did some seriously good things for a first game ruckam.

Seriously, felt blues got the good end of most umpiring. Blues think they’re playing finals, we were ripped to maybe win 5 games and we could’ve, maybe should’ve beaten them.

1 Like

My biggest gripe is not trying to stop Walsh.

4 Likes

Losing to fark carlton is always a drag. But, I’d still rather be a Bombers supporter right now. They should be beating teams like ours by ten goals, rather than struggling over the line against some (admittedly impressive) young kids.

Bryan, Perkins, Cox and Jones all played super well and that’s bloody exciting! Love seeing old man Hooker kick a bag, too.

Also LAV. That is all.

11 Likes

I am pretty positive than our future is looking far better than theirs. All our first and second year players played really well and will be even better next year. Add in the kids we had missing Reid, Draper Caldwell, and hopefully Mossie then we are going to get better rapidly. .

2 Likes

Premiership teams have players with elite skills. McGrath and Heppell have terrible disposal and decision making.

4 Likes

Of course the loss sucks and hurts and I got pretty angry during it. But I still think we are on a better path than them. They won’t play finals this year.
They can keep kidding themselves. We are on the right track. I

2 Likes

In fairness to Essendon, Walsh is pretty hard to stop.

5 Likes

Fkn suck a fat one fcfc. You get to keep your mediocre coach after a nice tug from the umps. Get absolutely farked you tossers

8 Likes

Didn’t see too much effort in it.

Heppell is not in our best 22.

Next week, Francis in for Heppell would be an upgrade to our side. Tell me I’m wrong.

5 Likes

We can’t carry Langford, Snelling and Ham. None of them impact the game enough.

3 Likes

I reckon McGrath’s kicking isn’t terrible in general. It’s just that he always seems to rush. If he can just learn to be a bit more composed, I’d think his efficiency would improve significantly.

4 Likes

absolutely stitched by the umpires from the moment we had momentum going in the 2nd, counted 4 questionable free kicks to them for goals, as well as 4 bullshit goals carlton only pulls out against us

again, ruckman can take it out of the ruck, be tackled, run 5 metres, get tackled again, run 2 metres, hand the ball off

and no free kicks

the amount of holding the balls or straight hand offs that the umpires yelled play on to was ridiculous, walsh was handing the ball to cripps out of packs at will

yet when a ball is slapped out in a tackle, free to them 50 out straight in front

That was a steaming pile of horse ■■■■, from the moment Stringer went ballistic when the carlton player tried to kneecap him when stringer had right of way (leading at the ball)

from that moment on we got nothing, and pinged for everything.

That was a complete ■■■■ show, was never a fair game, razor ray is ■■■■■■■ clown shoes

16 Likes

You’re wrong.

8 Likes

If I had to pick one, I go snelling everyday of the week. He will at least provide pressure

1 Like